Windows 7 BSOD While playing,watching movies, youtubing

Assyrian

Hi, Fellow Windows users

I bought a new pc for about 1 month ago, and I keep getting Bsod on it whilst playing games (even facebook games), having a video on youtube or watching movies but sometimes it just happens randomly.

It has already happened 4 times today. 1 time while watching a movie and 3 times while having youtube on.

It's starting to annoy me and my dad, we have tried alot of things but nothing worked...:frown:

First I installed Windows XP and it happened there so i thought it would disappear if I installed Windows 7 so I tried that and it didnt work and then I tried Windows 8, happened there too..

Windows XP>BSOD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit>BSOD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit w/SP1>BSOD
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit>BSOD
Windows 7 Professional w/SP1>BSOD

Right now I'm using Win7Pro because I see no point in changing OS.

When the screen comes it usually says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or
DRIVER_ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Specs:
Intel core q820 QUAD-Core @2.33 GHz
Sapphire Toxic HD 4870 Vapor-X 512mb
Corsair Dominator 4094mb
1 TB harddrive
Asus P5Q Pro

If I forgot something in the post please tell me and I'll add it. :)

I can't add the Minidumps IDK why. :confused:

Edit: Added Files here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
Without the reports there's not much that we can do. Please provide this info: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

If you can't upload the reports here, then upload them to a free file-hosting service and post a link to them here.

Start with these free hardware diagnostics: Link Removed - Invalid URL
Also try running Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

The Asus P5 series of boards may have memory issues if using the Auto setting in the BIOS. Please visit the memory manufacturer's website and get the timings/settings/voltages that they recommend - then use those settings in the BIOS of of your motherboard (in other words - DON'T use the Auto setting for memory in your BIOS).

I could't find the recommended settings at ASUS homepage nor while googling it so if you know where I can find them please link the page.
I am using the Auto settings right now so that might be the problem.

Find your memory at Corsair
Once you find it, click on "Tech Specs" in the left hand column
That'll tell you what the specs are - then set those settings in the BIOS

I am not a hardware person - so you may want to ask for more detailed assistance in the Hardware forums.

Good luck!

I've looked for a couple of days but I can't find my memory sticks at corsair or other sites.

Do you suggest I make a new post in the hardware section about the BIOS settings and memory sticks?

Yes, that's probably a good idea. They should be able to help you get the model number for your RAM - and then to get the settings.

Back
Top Bottom