Windows 7 BSOD Win7- I've tried so much.

Well this one is your Network driver. Some solutions you may try:

If you have Kaspersky Internet security or Zone Alarm installed, this causes problems with Netio.
Welcome techsupportforum.com - Hostmonster.com

Update your Network drivers. The crash dump points to your Intel networking driver - e1k62x64.sys. Please visit the Intel website and download the latest Windows 7 drivers for your network card.

This might help:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/7211dc6b-e41f-4138-aac2-633bb5d89622

0000005 is a memory error. Try running some memory tests:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/715-memory-diagnostics-tool.html

Try running the Windows upgrade adviser. I read that it can detect problems:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

You've also got an old version of secdrv.sys (seems to be related to something from MacroVision Safe Disck Copy Protection) I don't know if it's a hold over from the upgrade or not.

Last edited:
Excellent Zvit. Here are some things to consider with these types of crashes:

When using lm t n command to look at drivers (I may have previously showed this command incorrectly by mistake):

How to tell if any ZoneAlarm is installed - vsdatant.sys will be present
How to tell if any Kaspersky is installed - k|1.sys will be present

Since neither of these are shown in the crash dumps, we can assume that the problem is with the actual network driver itself.

So the best advice which you've given is to update the faulting module, the network driver:
Code:
e1k62x64 e1k62x64.sys Wed Sep 23 20:11:00 2009
In many cases, Intel's website directs users to their motherboard site after performing a scan for latest drivers. So if this next link doesn't find an update for the driver:

Intel

then the motherboard webpage will have an updated driver to install, instead.

I've installed the new network drivers from the Intel site and I ran the windows memory test which got no problems.

Sometimes wrong memory timings are the problem, 'Automatic' in bios is not enough, should set them manually as specified on the package.

TorrentG thanks. I also saw in one of your previous posts that you isolated a driver with lmvm [Driver name]

I changed that file in my system 32 folder and then just fooled around until I crashed again to get you another minidump.

BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF88004BAF4C8
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

You began getting the 7f exception after renaming the gearaspiwdm.sys driver. Renaming drivers is not recommended, since a program may be trying to call that driver at execution time. In this case, it would need to be dynamically loaded into memory and not found. I am not saying this is what was causing the crash in the first place but you may have just compounded the problem by renaming the driver.

Whenever you make a call to a module and it is not there, the stack becomes corrupted because the return address, args to child and stack pointer which have all been pushed onto the stack are no longer valid. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess, however a kernal stack overflow (7f) is a real possibility. Just another variant of the kernal stack overflow(7f).

Alright it's been a bit but I've been running into some issues (I know it's almost never ending!). This is an error I've never seen before.

BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFF80003175A86
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80002EFD662
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Not sure what's going on.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 199
Try updating your USB mouse driver from the manufacturer's (Primax) website to update this:

Code:
gamingms gamingms.sys Mon May 25 22:21:11 2009

And it isn't the problem, but you can update your video card driver from here:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Ok, I updated my driver, and as soon as I logged in, I would BSOD of death instantly (from loading the driver I would imagine). Then I would uninstall it in safe mode and everything would be fine. I tried installing it again (and using driver sweeper to make sure there was nothing left over) and it would always BSOD as soon as I logged in.

*Edit* forgot minidump from when I did these tests earlier.

Attachments

• mini dump2.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom