Windows 10 BSOD windows 10

K1ING

I bought this windows 10 computer the first day it came out. Haven't had any problems with it until today.

I woke it from sleeping and it gave me the BSOD and said it had to restart. It showed me a code of
hiber_iastor.sys
I'm not a computer guy. I use it for emails and radio operations/programs. I read the info on how to post up and what to add to the post but when I tried to DL the W7F program my computer said the file was corrupted and had to restart. So no files to add on this post.

Anyone know anything about this hiber_iastor,sys thing. I do good to open email so system things I don't play with. Don't know the difference between bios and registery so now you know my experience.

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, My spelling sucks too. ha.

This is a Dell computer that came with windows 10 on it. It has 2TB of something and 12gb of something else. Memory and harddrive? Don't know one from the other or wich is which. I've used very little of its abilitys as far as each of these. No movies or odd programs downloaded to it. Onlt the stuff I've used on the last two other computers I've had in the past. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I read a few others post and seen malwarebites was recommended so I DL that and it found no bad files.

Hi,
when a pc blue screens it can create a file called a dump file. We need to see that file in order to help you further. Please read the thread found here and post the results as it has an app to help you in this process.
iastor.sys is an Intel storage driver so try updating the Intel Rapid storage manager. In any case I'll await your next post.

Thread found where? If you mean the W7F program, my computer tells me it is corrupted and wont open it. I'll see if I can serch the computer for this dump file. And will google "Intel Rapid storage manager to see if I can find an update. If you could tell me the thread you mean would help me better. Thanks for the reply.

I found this on the web at Intel Rapid Storage tech.

File name: f6flpy-x64.zip
Version: 14.6.0.1029 (Latest)
Date: 08/26/2015
Size: 0.58 MB
Language: English
Operating Systems: Windows 7*, Windows 8*, Windows 8.1*, Windows Server 2008 R2*, Windows Server 2012 R2*, Windows Server 2012*, Windows® 10, 32-bit, Windows® 10, 64-bit

Is this what I need?

My computer did a search for "Dump File" and found nothing.

Like I said before, I tried to DL that W7F program and my computer said it was corrupted and would not DL it and when I did get it to DL and tried to open it, my computer told me something was wrong and had to restart. So I can deal with that W7F thing. Maybe there is another way to get it?

I'll see what I can do about the Rapid storage thing right now. Hope its not too complicated.

I DL the Rapid storage thing. It has 6 files in it. And didn't go anywhere. What do I do with the 6 files?

Run as admin. OK, i'll see if it works and let you know. And thanks for the link to the files. I try that after I try the admin thing. Thanks for your time with this.
Jerry...

Tried it As run as admin. My computer told me the file (W7F) is infected and I need to restart computer to neutralize.
So that didn't work. I'll now try the third one down and give the updates a go.

I've been updated it said and I had to restart computer so I guess that part is done. Don't know why I cant use the W7F program. My computer don't like it for some reason. I guess I'll just wait and see if I get the BSOD again. Unless you know another way to get the W7F thing to work. I'd be happy to send you the info you want if I can make it work.
Jerry...

Well normally you can find dump files in a folder marked Minidump. This can be found in the main windows folder. If you can't find the folder or it's empty then you probably need to set up your machine so that it will produce dump files when it bsod's. Please make sure your settings follow thus:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will of course need to have another bsod before a dump file is produced but at least next time we can read it.

Tried it As run as admin. My computer told me the file (W7F) is infected and I need to restart computer to neutralize.

Don't know why I cant use the W7F program.
The file is not infected... but wx will assume that of any exe {in temp or from the outside} by default.
1. download and unzip the file.
2. right click and un-block it... {wx only}
Screenshot (199).png

3. run the file as admin... as this is an older exe you prob will need to download net 3.5 because wx doesn't have that... you may need to turn your Windows update service on if you have turned it off to stop Microsoft buggering about in your system
Screenshot (201).png

4. once you have net 3.5 the program looks like the image below... also note that wx doesn't like letting exe file run in the temp folder so you may want to move it to a different location.
Screenshot (202).png

Just got back from shopping with the wife.
I found a minidump file under the windows file. 4 files exists there now. with different dates. Type of file is DMP file. I don't seem to have a way to open them. I'd be happy to send them to you if you can tell me how?

As far as the info from usnorway, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help. We will see what happens.

I did what was posted. I DL the program again. Unzipped. Right clicked on it and unblocked it (good to know. I didn't know about this and never seen it before). I opened as admin and a window opens up with a red X stating "The Parameter is incorrect".
Don't know what that means. Clicked ok and then nothing happens with the file. I also tried to put it on my desktop and open as admin and it tells me the same thing. Its no longer blocked ether.

I found some info on the web. Checked my machine and it tells me that part of the program is installed already. So now I'll try to figure out how to update to the full version of .net 3.5

I found some info on the web. Checked my machine and it tells me that part of the program is installed already. So now I'll try to figure out how to update to the full version of .net 3.5
Sorry I'm not thinking straight... To enable .Net 3.5 open the control panel, click Programs, look under 'programs and features' for 'Turn Windows features on or off' and click that. You'll see .Net 3.5 at the top simply enable it and then when asked download the files via windows update.

Back