Windows 7 BSOD Windows 7 after installing latest MS updates

blacklotuss

Hello all,

Currently having a problem; I keep getting a BSOD on my laptop, been working fine till today all I did was install 3 latest updates from windows update, screenshot from the windows update I included include the 3 updates (without Nvidia's update) (they did not finish installing since the BSOD came before). Including the lastest dump files. CPUZ does not want to start not the 32 bit version nor the 64bit one.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• W7F_24-12-2014.zip
    2 MB · Views: 542
  • ¸2.PNG
    ¸2.PNG
    163.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    153.9 KB · Views: 361
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffc0a0f5f6f60, 0, fffff800032839dc, 7}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDecommitPages+1fc )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
first regarding the updates you downloaded which caused the initial bsod. Have you removed them to see if the blue screen stops? You could also try a system restore back to the point before the install.. If it's running that is..

You had two dump files in the zip file. The first is a Bugcheck 3B and blames the Intel USB 3 driver as the culprit. The Bugcheck above can be caused by many things ranging from memory corruption, out of date Bios, Antivirus apps, faulty drivers and corrupt NTFS partitions.

Checking your machines support page I do see updates are pending although there are no drivers for Windows 7. Did you install the os yourself? In any case please check that this is the correct page for your machine and apply any updates which might be pending including bios:
http://www.asus.com/au/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K55VJ/HelpDesk_Download/

You could also try running the Intel driver update utility as Intel does make laptop drivers too.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

If after making the above changes you still get the bsod then you need to test your RAM. Hopefully once you sort out the updates everything will be fine but if it isn't then we need to test.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Post any new dump files.

Back
Top Bottom