Windows 7 BSOD with Torrent Program

zoink

Hi. I recently switched from using utorrent to qbittorent and I've been running the program in the background more often + seeding more. I basically used to just download, seed for an hour, then delete the torrent completely. I've BSOD 3 times and I'm pretty sure its only happening when qbittorent is running for an extensive amount of time, and I haven't had issues with this laptop otherwise.

I've uploaded the requested files. The RAMMon html file is in the zip.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• W7F_10-05-2014.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 514
  • cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    303.5 KB · Views: 355
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff8800d7b2000, 2, 0, fffff8800761e440}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwsw00.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwsw00.sys
Probably caused by : NETwsw00.sys ( NETwsw00+8440 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all three dump files are the same and blame the above driver. This driver is specifically the Intel WiFi link adapter and usually with laptops drivers are supplied by the manufacturer.
I know your using an HP Envy 15 Notebook PC but there are many models of this type and unfortunately I couldn't determine which one your using exactly. If you flip the laptop over it should have the full name on the back or check the manual if you have it. Please post and I'll direct you or check yourself here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=1#/qryterm=HP Envy 15&searchtype=s-002

avgtpx64.sys Thu Aug 29 08:25:58 2013: AVG AV known on occasion to cause issues with win 7. Please remove and install the more stable MSE ( at least for this period of testing):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Please post the full name of your lappie and I'll direct you to the appropriate downloads.

Post any new dump files.

Thank you.
NETwsw00.sys Wed May 29 14:10:47 2013: This your current Intel wifi driver although the latest update available from your manufacturers website is 2012 (that's for windows 8) The reason I mention this is because lappies usually get driver updates straight from the manufacturer.
Try installing the driver the page has for windows 7 and see if the bsod continues.

Check the bios updates too and make sure you have the latest version.

Is this the driver you're talking about?

Weird since the one I have installed seems to be more current than the one that is available on the website. I definitely updated that semi-recently since I switched my router/modem/isp about a month ago and I wanted to be current. I'm pretty sure I downloaded them through the intel website. If you look at the Advanced-N 6230 drivers on the intel website they are more current than the ones on the HP website. Do you think I should roll back to the one's available on the HP website for compatibility issues or should I updated to the ones on the intel website (their newest update is 16.11.0 while the ones on the HP site are 15.1.0.18)? I'll update the BIOS as well since they are out of date.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    91.5 KB · Views: 333
That's what I was thinking.... Rolling the drivers back to the HP ones.... As I said above usually drivers are supplied by the manufacturer so it might be worth trying the originals.

Back