Windows 10 BSOD with wireless USB adapter

Thanks. I'll perform Memtest this night and if nothing comes back I'll try the Driver Verifier the nigh after. So I get back to you tomorrow or in two days with fresh (and I hope interesting) news / dumpfiles.

Great stuff.. I really hope we get something so best of luck and see you soon.. :)

Hi,

So I performed the Driver Verifier for 12 hrs or so and I guess it still shows an issue with rtwlanu.sys (cf last Verifier status attached). Apparently it couldn't load it. I'll try Memtest a bit later if I manage to go through my laptops's UEFI settings.

Attachments

• Verifier.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 478
As your trying to use a different adapter have you tried disabling the onboard one?

Simply open Device manager and right click on the component. You'll see disable device about the second one down.

I'll ask a friend of mine to take a look at your dump file, he may see something I've missed.

Ok, so am I correct, I should disable either the Realtek or Intel controler?

Attachments

• NetworkAdaptersList.jpg
    NetworkAdaptersList.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 417
It's the Realtek driver thats crashing so I'd disable that one.

A couple of questions:

Have you tried using the dongle in a separate USB port? Some can be quite different in terms of voltage.

Why do you need to use a USB dongle when your laptop already has the components to get on the net?

I have an old friend looking over the dump file and he will post a little later (he's currently at work). He's my Obi Wan when it comes to debugging so i hope he can help.

Right, I'll disable it when I come back home.

For the usb ports I've tried each of them, still the same result.

I had to use the dongle because after a year my laptop got unable to connect to weak wifi signals (like at Starbucks or in a room far from the routeur). Now it's even sometimes unable to catch the signal in the room where's the routeur. At the time it started I updated the drivers but nothing changed. I think it must be a hardware issue.

Nice I hope this wise man can solve the problem haha

So I disabled that Realtek controller but still the same issue. Looking at the drivers associated with that device, I don't see rtwlanu.sys. Does it mean it'd be associated with something else (that we could disable?)

Attachments

• 022618-6921-01.dmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 465
  • RealtekControlerDrivers.jpg
    RealtekControlerDrivers.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 421
  • RtwlanuSysProperties.jpg
    RtwlanuSysProperties.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 416
Sorry for the delay in responding! I'll be looking this over again right now.........

First off, I wonder about a few things:
- why are you using a wireless USB wifi adapter on a system that has built in wifi? (I saw that you answered this earlier)
this may be significant if the built in adapter has problems (and those problems may interfere with the USB adapter also)
- You've tried different USB adapters - so that tends to rule out the adapters themselves as a cause of the problem.
If it's their drivers, I wonder if you've: uninstalled the driver package from Settings...Apps and Features (or from appwiz.cpl), then rebooted, then installed a freshly downloaded copy? It could be that, when you install and updated package, it doesn't overwrite everything - and maybe one fo the files not overwritten may be corrupted.
- I also wondered about trying different USB ports. In most cases USB ports on different sides of the laptop are connected to different points on the motherboard (maybe even different controllers). As such, this tends to help rule out the USB ports as a cause of the problem.
- you stated that the BSOD happens when plugging the device in. Most often (IME) this happens with a hardware problem (if ti's a driver, it'll take longer to BSOD).

So, my thoughts are that this is most likely a hardware problem - and is either related to the old wifi card or is a problem with the motherboard. Is there a place in the UEFI where you can disable the old wifi card? If not, can you physically remove the old wifi card from the system?

Here's my suggestion for troubleshooting hardware problems (3 steps). At this point it's likely that you only need to do the first step and let us know the results (you can skip the MemTest as you've already run it).:
Step #1) Please run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results. (If you can't run all the tests, then at least run these free, bootable diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics )
FYI - These are the tests and what we usually see for the reports:
1 - Antivirus/antimalware scans: In short, if there are Trojans or other serious malware - start over in the Am I Infected forums
2 - Memory diagnostics: Run MemTest86+ for at least 3 passes. If booting from UEFI, run MemTest86 instead. Let us know if there were any errors reported
3 - Hard Drive diagnostics: Don't sweat the details here. In short, run the Seagate Seatools Long/Extended test from a bootable disk. If unable to run it from a bootable disk (UEFI and some others), then run the Seagate Seatools for Windows from within Windows. There are no diagnostics for SSD's, just run the Crystal Mark tests and let us know if there were any failures
4 - Furmark: run the test until the temperature stabilizes. Don't let it get much over 90ÂşC. Let us know the temp it stabilizes at and if there were any problems running the test (other than slowness).
5 - Prime95: run the Blend test for 24 hours (this may not be possible, but run it as long as you can. Look for errors in the output, or for problems running the test (freezes/crashes)
6 - Video 2 (other video tests): there's several tests here. Run all of them. I'm especially interested in the Video Memory Test. Let us know the results of the test(s)
- A - simtek.org memtest
- B - Video memory stress test
- C - Artifact Locator
- D - OCCT - 4 built in tests for CPU, GPU, PSU
- E - Video Memory Stress Test
7 - CPU tests: run at least one test on your CPU and let us know the result.

Step #2) If all the tests pass, then try to perform a clean install of Windows:
A clean install is:
- Windows is installed to a freshly partitioned hard drive with legitimate installation media (W10: Download Windows 10 ).
- The installation media is only a copy of Windows, not the OEM recovery disks that you can make on some systems.
- Windows is fully updated after it's installed. That's ALL updates - none excepted.
- NO 3rd party software is installed.
- There are no errors in Device Manager (if you find any, post back for suggestions).
- The BIOS/UEFI is updated to the latest available version (this presumes that the system is compatible w/Windows 10 also).

This will wipe everything off of the computer, so it's advisable to backup your stuff first.
Also, it will wipe out all the special software that the OEM added to the system, so if you rely on any of that - let us know what it is so we can figure out a way to save/download it (the easiest way is to create/obtain the OEM;s recovery media)

If unable to find recovery media that has the software (or if you suspect that this is a hardware problem), you can make an image of your system that'll preserve everything in the state that it was in when you made the image. You can also do this if you don't want to try another hard drive - yet you want to be able to return to the current system state.
One drawback to this is that you're making an image of a malfunctioning system - so, if there are errors in the system software, you'll have a nice copy of them [:(]
Another drawback is that the image of the system will be very large - so you'll most likely need a large external drive to store it on.
But, this will allow you to save everything on the hard drive (although you'll need an image viewer to get things out of the image).
The point here is that, if it's a hardware problem, then you can restore the system to the point it was when you made the image - after you repair the hardware problem.
You can obtain more info on imaging in the Backup/Imaging/DiskMgmt forums located here: Backup, Imaging, and Disk Management Software Forum - BleepingComputer.com

The point of doing this (the clean install) is to:
- rule out Windows as a problem (if the problem continues, it's not a Windows problem as you completely replaced Windows
- rule out 3rd party software (if the problem continues, it's not a 3rd party software problem as you didn't install any 3rd party software)
- so, if the problem continues, it must be a hardware problem.

OTOH, if the problem stops, then it was either a Windows or 3rd party software problem. If the problem doesn't come back, then you've fixed it. Then all that remains is setting the computer back up the way that you'd like it and importing your data from the backup you made.

Step #3) Then, if the clean install confirms the hardware problem, try this procedure to isolate the problem device(s): Hardware Stripdown Troubleshooting

Even more to follow after this.........
Taking a shower while the dumps are running) :0)

If we don't reach a resolution, I'd like to see these reports also:
Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum) Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support
NOTE: On problem systems it can take up to 20 minutes for the log files to complete. Please be patient and let it run.

If you still have problems with it running, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link): https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR, .7z or other compression utilities.
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1.70) dates from 2017. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system. This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

I'm unable to tell how many Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS are installed. Please double check for any new Windows Updates. It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them. The actual number is not important. Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

All the errors are STOP 0x1E's - more info on that here: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000001E
Notice (in the Usual Causes section) that hardware is a known cause of these errors.

At times, low-level drivers and compatibility issues can mimic hardware faults.
As such, please update these older drivers. Links are provided in order to assist you with looking up the source of the drivers.
If unable to find an update, please uninstall the program that is responsible for that driver.

DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!!!:

SSPORT.sys Thu Aug 11 19:07:32 2005 (42FBDA34)
Samsung printer driver Samsung Download Center: Owner's Manuals, Firmware Updates & Drivers | Samsung US
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SSPORT.sys

QIOMem.sys Tue May 5 01:40:35 2015 (554857D3)
TOSHIBA Generic IO & Memory Access http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp#
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=QIOMem.sys

RtsP2Stor.sys Mon Jun 1 05:43:03 2015 (556C2927)
Realtek Pcie CardReader Driver for 2K/XP/Vista/Win7 Realtek
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsP2Stor.sys

Thotkey.sys Tue Aug 4 14:38:15 2015 (55C10697)
Toshiba Hotkey Driver http://support.toshiba.com/
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Thotkey.sys

TVALZ_O.SYS Wed Sep 9 11:41:43 2015 (55F05337)
TOSHIBA ACPI-Based Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device Driver http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp#
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TVALZ_O.SYS

CHDRT64.sys Thu Oct 22 02:49:01 2015 (562886DD)
Conexant High Definition SmartAudio OEM - none at http://www2.conexant.com/support/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CHDRT64.sys

Finally, there's a lot of Avast drivers in the memory dumps.
While not blamed for anything, they can cause problems.
I'd suggest uninstalling Avast temporarily and using Windows Defender while we're testing.
You can reinstall Avast once we're done with the troubleshooting

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only.

The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Mon Feb 26 14:36:07.235 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\022618-6921-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 16299 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 16299.15.amd64fre.rs3_release.170928-1534
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:44.011
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlanu.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by :memory_corruption
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8041056bbda, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
BugCheck Info: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8041056bbda, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: ffffffffffffffff, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2500
CurrentSpeed: 2592
BIOS Version 1.70
BIOS Release Date 07/05/2017
Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Baseboard Manufacturer FF50
Product Name SATELLITE P50-C
Baseboard Product 06F3
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
The rest of the memory dump summaries are hidden in the Spoiler tag below. Click on "Show" to reveal them.
**************************Sun Feb 25 05:30:24.648 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\022518-4843-02.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:49.419
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlanu.sys
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8036baabbda, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff8036baabbda, The address that the exception occurred at
BIOS Version 1.70
Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Baseboard Product 06F3
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Sun Feb 25 05:22:12.634 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\022518-5218-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 3:11:50.404
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff801de7abbda, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff801de7abbda, The address that the exception occurred at
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
BIOS Version 1.70
Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Baseboard Product 06F3
**************************Sat Feb 24 14:10:15.000 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\022418-5218-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:20.771
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8040e7cbbda, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff8040e7cbbda, The address that the exception occurred at
BIOS Version 1.70
Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Baseboard Product 06F3
**************************Fri Feb 23 15:01:22.350 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\022318-4453-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:09.126
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8039fb9bbda, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff8039fb9bbda, The address that the exception occurred at
PROCESS_NAME: MsMpEng.exe
BIOS Version 1.70
Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Baseboard Product 06F3
**************************Thu Feb 22 06:03:09.269 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\022218-4453-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:11.044
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff803c525bbda, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff803c525bbda, The address that the exception occurred at
PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe
BIOS Version 1.70
Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Baseboard Product 06F3
**************************Wed Feb 21 16:11:39.207 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\022118-4750-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:04:09.977
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8085259bbda, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff8085259bbda, The address that the exception occurred at
BIOS Version 1.70
Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Baseboard Product 06F3

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.

My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:
Code:
**************************Mon Feb 26 14:36:07.235 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
SSPORT.sys                                    Thu Aug 11 19:07:32 2005 (42FBDA34)
intelppm.sys                                  Thu Sep 22 06:43:11 2011 (4E7B113F)
QIOMem.sys                                    Tue May  5 01:40:35 2015 (554857D3)
RtsP2Stor.sys                                 Mon Jun  1 05:43:03 2015 (556C2927)
Thotkey.sys                                   Tue Aug  4 14:38:15 2015 (55C10697)
TVALZ_O.SYS                                   Wed Sep  9 11:41:43 2015 (55F05337)
CHDRT64.sys                                   Thu Oct 22 02:49:01 2015 (562886DD)
tosrfec.sys                                   Mon Mar  7 04:43:53 2016 (56DD4D59)
ETD.sys                                       Thu May 19 23:19:59 2016 (573E825F)
ETDSMBus.sys                                  Thu May 19 23:24:02 2016 (573E8352)
IntcDAud.sys                                  Thu Dec  1 05:15:06 2016 (583FF82A)
igdkmd64.sys                                  Fri Dec 23 15:04:23 2016 (585D8347)
iaStorA.sys                                   Tue Jun  6 12:27:18 2017 (5936D7E6)
TeeDriverW8x64.sys                            Sun Nov 19 06:39:59 2017 (5A116D8F)
aswbuniva.sys                                 Mon Dec  4 08:30:42 2017 (5A254E02)
aswbidsdrivera.sys                            Mon Dec  4 08:30:42 2017 (5A254E02)
aswbidsha.sys                                 Mon Dec  4 08:30:43 2017 (5A254E03)
aswbloga.sys                                  Mon Dec  4 08:30:44 2017 (5A254E04)
nvvad64v.sys                                  Thu Dec 14 00:40:29 2017 (5A320ECD)
ibtusb.sys                                    Fri Jan  5 02:07:36 2018 (5A4F2438)
Netwtw04.sys                                  Wed Jan 10 13:20:55 2018 (5A565987)
nvlddmkm.sys                                  Tue Jan 23 17:24:56 2018 (5A67B638)
rtwlanu.sys                                   Tue Jan 30 20:48:54 2018 (5A712086)
aswArPot.sys                                  Wed Jan 31 13:13:08 2018 (5A720734)
aswRvrt.sys                                   Wed Jan 31 13:13:08 2018 (5A720734)
aswRdr2.sys                                   Wed Jan 31 13:13:37 2018 (5A720751)
aswSnx.sys                                    Wed Jan 31 13:13:38 2018 (5A720752)
aswMonFlt.sys                                 Wed Jan 31 13:30:41 2018 (5A720B51)
aswVmm.sys                                    Wed Jan 31 13:30:43 2018 (5A720B53)
aswSP.sys                                     Wed Jan 31 13:31:01 2018 (5A720B65)
aswHdsKe.sys                                  Wed Jan 31 13:39:09 2018 (5A720D4D)
aswStm.sys                                    Wed Jan 31 13:41:03 2018 (5A720DBF)
**************************Sun Feb 25 05:30:24.648 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
rt640x64.sys                                  Thu Jul 14 05:04:28 2016 (5787559C)
**************************Sat Feb 24 14:10:15.000 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
lpsport.SYS                                   Tue Jun  6 07:53:57 2017 (593697D5)
**************************Fri Feb 23 15:01:22.350 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
rt640x64.sys                                  Tue May  5 12:21:03 2015 (5548EDEF)
TeeDriverW8x64.sys                            Mon Aug 31 15:49:07 2015 (55E4AFB3)
ibtusb.sys                                    Fri Sep  2 15:37:28 2016 (57C9D4F8)
**************************Thu Feb 22 06:03:09.269 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
aswKbd.sys                                    Tue Aug 22 14:02:36 2017 (599C71BC)
**************************Wed Feb 21 16:11:39.207 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
RtsP2Stor.sys                                 Mon Aug 15 03:38:21 2016 (57B1716D)
Netwtw04.sys                                  Wed Dec 13 11:22:19 2017 (5A3153BB)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SSPORT.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=QIOMem.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Thotkey.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TVALZ_O.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CHDRT64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tosrfec.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ETD.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ETDSMBus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IntcDAud.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverW8x64.sys
aswbuniva.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswbidsdrivera.sys
aswbidsha.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
aswbloga.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ibtusb.sys
Netwtw04.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rtwlanu.sys
aswArPot.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRvrt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRdr2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSnx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswMonFlt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswVmm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSP.sys
aswHdsKe.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswStm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rt640x64.sys
lpsport.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rt640x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverW8x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ibtusb.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswKbd.sys
Netwtw04.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

A huge thank you from me John for looking over our little issue..:)

Hi guys,

A huge thanks for your message Usasma. I need some time to perform the recommended actions. I'll get back to you with a first detailed answer very soon.

Hi guys,

A huge thanks for your message Usasma. I need some time to perform the recommended actions. I'll get back to you with a first detailed answer very soon.
StephDragon,
I notice John is recommending that you disable the onboard wifi. The reason i mention this is because to turn the card off properly you need the latest bios update otherwise it doesn't actually turn off apparently.
I'm pretty sure you have the latest but if the wifi card won't turn off, you know why..:) Good luck with the testing.

Kemical, just to be sure, is it that I need to turn off?
Yes you can try turning it off there but you can also actually disable the device in the bios and i think that is what John is referring to.

Yes you can try turning it off there but you can also actually disable the device in the bios and i think that is what John is referring to.

It's what I get when I enter the UEFI firmware settings. Is that not the same as BIOS settings in newer laptops? Anyway it just disabled ethernet internet connection but not wifi. :nonchalance:

UEFI is the new one and yes they are very similar Bios and UEFI still do the same thing it's just UEFI is better protected.

There should be a setting somewhere in the bios to turn it off (wifi) and it does look like you do have the latest version of bios.

Right, so that means you can enter either UEFI or Bios settings? Looking on the net I couldn't figure how to access Bios on my machine. I thought only UEFI was available.

Back