Windows 10 BugCheck 9F / DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE /

Hi Calby,

to test the drive further you could always create a folder and fill it with anything, books, photo's, music and applications. You could then use this folder to test the drive by transferring filers to and from another drive.
No bsod so far is a really good sign too although I would still update what drivers you can especially chipset..

Hi,
I have done all of the updates that they did have on Lenovo. (No new ones for the chipset or Graphic)
I see today that they did reales a update for "Intel Management Engine 11.6 Firmware" I have been updating the FW now.
Don't know if my issue was fixed in the update or not - I could not tell from the "Readme" file here is the read me file:
https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1qrg11w.txt

I have installed everything and I have been playing around with the laptop so far everything is good, one thing that I have been notice.
I don't have micro lags anymore, with the old NVMe drive when I was typing it could lag and then the text did write it self very fast when the lag was gone, it was only for like 1 sec or less but still.
Don't know if it was because of the old NVMe drive or not.

Edit:
I did run a stresstest for the NVMe for 10 to 20 min and no BSOD this did load read / write to the top of the nvme drive.

2s8mtjl.png

Last edited:
Hi Calby,
well those Intel management Engine updates are important too and you should always try and be up to date with those. (basically they tell the pc how to run).

Don't know if my issue was fixed in the update or not - I could not tell from the "Readme" file here is the read me file:

WHAT THIS PACKAGE DOES

This package updates the following software.

- Intel Management Engine Firmware

Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models support Intel
Management Engine.

Updating the software will fix problems, add new functions, or expand
functions as noted below.

This program is language dependent, but can be used with any language system.

Looks like just what you needed.. :)

Hi Calby,
well those Intel management Engine updates are important too and you should always try and be up to date with those. (basically they tell the pc how to run).

Looks like just what you needed.. :)

Let's hope so, but if the pcie bus and the nvme drive can handle 20min stress test without any issue I guess that we can rule it out? And say that the issue are not there.
I don't want to run it more then that as the nvme drive have limited read and writes.

Maybe it was my old nvme drive that was defect or maybe the new FW update did solve the issue.
Anyway I have not been seeing any BSOD anymore.

Back