Windows 10 Build 10049 not going to slow ring?

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Anybody know what is going on with 10049 not being released to the slow ring because of upgrade problems. Are they referring to the language situation, or something else?

I also heard they have stopped the Windows 10 Phone build releases due to bricked phones....

It is strange, I seem to hear they are almost ready for the RC but then see some of the problems popping up.

Saltgrass, from what the techs at Microsoft told me there will be no release of 10049 to the slow ring. They first told me that 10051 will be coming out next week. Another tech called me this afternoon to check on if I were having anymore problems. Talking with her she is telling me that the latest date for the next release is April 28 and they are not sure if it will be 10050 or 10051. There probably won't be an iso for it either. Once upgraded you of course can make an iso. Why they can't I don't know. Hate like the dickens to have to go through a long upgrade process first.

I know I hate upgrading to. Testing a clean install is best for me. It's ridiculous to have to upgrade so you can make an ISO
Joe

Talking with her she is telling me that the latest date for the next release is April 28 and they are not sure if it will be 10050 or 10051. There probably won't be an iso for it either. Once upgraded you of course can make an iso. Why they can't I don't know. Hate like the dickens to have to go through a long upgrade process first.
Sonny, I hope your information is incorrect. Since 10056 has been leaked and seems to not be much of improvement over 10049, I am looking for a build in the 10064 range. I have heard the builds have jumped to 10100, but that may end up being the RC or RTM.

Of course, the current problems may cause things to change. I think 10049 being released so soon after 10041 was strictly to get Spartan in the mix. Too bad they did not clean up the UI a little before they released it.

Hopefully the next upgrade will be quite a bit faster since it should not contain all the language packs. When an upgrade for me goes to 4.5 hours instead of 1.5 hours, something is wrong, and we now know what was wrong with 10049.

Some of the folks with Surface Pro 3 systems are having problems getting past the lock screen so they can sign in. Maybe related to a change being studied for security enhancements.

Currently build 10101 is being worked on. Not starting a rumour, but the interesting point here is that, in this case, it does look like all the "bits" are in place. Together with its preceeding10100, they number +/- 24 development builds. more of interest was a huge jump from 10065 to 100, so it does look like something is stirring.
Not of significance, I don't see Spartan in those builds?

I was hoping 10066 would be the RTM. I had already planned my feedback/suggestions. Call the new windows "Conqueror" or "Hastings" - lol. (And how about William as a name for the new browser - just kidding.)

Saltgrass I am with you. I honestly just put down what they told me but feel that if you talked to 20 different techs they would all tell you something different.

Back