Windows 7 Build 7048 (32 bit) HDMI issues

David28227

I have HDMI on my motherboard (along w/ DVI-D and VGA) I installed the disk that came w/ my motherboard (I had to run it in Vista SP1 compatibility mode for it to install). I have my Catalyst Control Center and the correct video drivers installed but my HDMI still doesnt work. I havnt been able to test the DVI so I'm not sure if that works either. I have a ASUS M3A78-T ATX AMD Motherboard. And the video chipset is a ATI Radeon HD 3300. I'm not sure is this is a windows 7 issue or if there is a problem with my motherboard. I was very frustrated when I couldn't get it to work on my TV and I really dont want to go back to vista . so if anyone has any suggestions please share. any help is appreciated

ASUS M3A78-T ATX AMD Motherboard
4 GB G-Skill RAM (3.25 Usable)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz

I have HDMI on my motherboard (along w/ DVI-D and VGA) I installed the disk that came w/ my motherboard (I had to run it in Vista SP1 compatibility mode for it to install). I have my Catalyst Control Center and the correct video drivers installed but my HDMI still doesnt work. I havnt been able to test the DVI so I'm not sure if that works either. I have a ASUS M3A78-T ATX AMD Motherboard. And the video chipset is a ATI Radeon HD 3300. I'm not sure is this is a windows 7 issue or if there is a problem with my motherboard. I was very frustrated when I couldn't get it to work on my TV and I really dont want to go back to vista . so if anyone has any suggestions please share. any help is appreciated

ASUS M3A78-T ATX AMD Motherboard
4 GB G-Skill RAM (3.25 Usable)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz

It's a shame that Ati|AMD download site has not shown any Windows 7 Beta drivers for your ATI Radeon HD 3300 as if selectively skipping this one!:-(

See attached jpg images

its probably because mine is a chipset on my motherboard instead of a separate video card. do you have any suggestions to make it work?

its probably because mine is a chipset on my motherboard instead of a separate video card. do you have any suggestions to make it work?
I had assumed you have already tried ASUS Download site. If you have not downloaded and tried the VISTA Chipset drivers issued on 2008/08/19 update by ASUS for your M3A78-T MoBO try that by clicking the link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

If that does not work, at the moment, there is no other tweak I know of , I am sorry :-(

yeah I already got the vista chipset drivers in. I cant tell if its a defective motherboard or whether its because of Win 7

yeah I already got the vista chipset drivers in. I cant tell if its a defective motherboard or whether its because of Win 7
If you have WinXP or VISTA try and see if the problem goes away; if so, MOBO is OK > try a different Win 7 build and see or wait for RC.
If you are familiar with Linux try a Live CD of a latest version of PCLinux OS (2009) and see if you get all the devices working properly although I am not sure all the devices in your system have Linux drivers.
I don't know of any other things you can do.

I think I found the problem. I went into my BIOS and looked around a little but and found a setting called "default display adapter" the setting was on PCI but i dont have a PCI video card. so I changed the setting to onboard and now when i go to my "screen resolution" it says the display device's name is "Display Device on: VGA" before I changed that setting it said it was the model # of my screen. I havnt got a chance to test it on a HDMI screen. but I'm pretty sure I got it to work

Back