Windows 7 Build 7229 x-64 install

jimbo45

Hi all
definitely snappier (can't prove or show chapter and verse) but just "seems" fastest build yet.
I had some glitches with build 7201 - these seem to be fixed in 7229.

I'd definitely go for this one if you are still running the shortly to expire beta. (Is anybody STILL running that build -- feels as long ago as WINDOWS 3.11 :razz:).

Cheers
jimbo

Awesome. I had 7201 installed (which I found a lot better than 7127), and if this is going to be even better that's awesome.

Be aware that 7229 is configured for OEM distribution, which means it doesn't support upgrading from an existing version (be it vista or 7). Also, you may have trouble upgrading it to a later version. This means you have to do a clean install and reinstall all your apps.

Be aware that 7229 is configured for OEM distribution, which means it doesn't support upgrading from an existing version (be it vista or 7). Also, you may have trouble upgrading it to a later version. This means you have to do a clean install and reinstall all your apps.

I upgraded from 7201 with no problems ;) As to upgrading further along the line not sure :rolleyes:

View attachment 1066

I stand corrected then. I was told this didn't allow upgrades, and that made sense given that it was an OEM version. Odd.

No your statement is not a bad one . The best approach is the clean install .
Just I have been upgrading to see what happens and so far nothing . Others may have issues .

Things are going to well :) It seems faster the latest build :)

I have to ask. What exactly is snappier about it?

It just feels lively and responsive . Not sure as to why maybe they have improved some areas of the OS ?
Just to say it is in no way a slow system . For me it feels snappy maybe others would agree or not . Lets see :D

A CLEAN INSTALL is always the recommended way to go anyhow.. ESPECIALLY when installing interim daily builds.. ;) I still say it's a waste of time to download them but if you must than please (to avoid a bunch of unwanted problems) do a clean install.. :)

A CLEAN INSTALL is always the recommended way to go anyhow.. ESPECIALLY when installing interim daily builds.. ;) I still say it's a waste of time to download them but if you must than please (to avoid a bunch of unwanted problems) do a clean install.. :)

People keep saying this, but I keep installing upgrades and have had no issues on my machine at all.

Sorry, but clean installs each time? :eek: I've got a lot configured on this system and that would take a very long time.

If Microsoft is willing to provide an upgrade option in the install, it must work. Seems to just fine for me. 7100 from Vista, 7201 from 7100 and now 7229 from 7201. No problems at all.

People keep saying this, but I keep installing upgrades and have had no issues on my machine at all.

Sorry, but clean installs each time? :eek: I've got a lot configured on this system and that would take a very long time.

If Microsoft is willing to provide an upgrade option in the install, it must work. Seems to just fine for me. 7100 from Vista, 7201 from 7100 and now 7229 from 7201. No problems at all.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just saying that a Clean Install USUALLY works MUCH better and leaves the user with a nice fresh system that 99% of the time is problem free.. That's all.. :)

Most of the time you won't have issues, but that's not really why it's suggested. By the way, I would never suggest doing a clean install for every interim build. If you have problems after an upgrade, then i'd suggest doing a clean install.

However, for the final, releaed version, a clean install is definitely recommended, even if an upgrade "seems" to work. The reason is that during the betas, many files may have been removed from subsequent builds, but they get left behind during an upgrade. Also, your registry is likely to be fragmented to hell and back and filled with entries that aren't needed. Further, some "beta only" entries might end up remaining, these are thigns that turn on debugging information that can slow down your system.

For final realease, do a clean install, your system will be faster and use less resources. I know it's a pain, but would you rather do it now (or when the release is final), or 6 months down the road after your system is even more full of stuff?

Will upgrade work. Since i have no dvds and just re-installed the rc. If i change the code like sites say can i upgrade to 7229 through extracting the iso and setup from inside the os.

Back