Windows 10 Burning photo's to a DVD

Ron Binmore

I have selected a batch of pictures to burn to a CD and also a DVD (see attachment). I cannot find the button to "Burn" them. Obviously I am doing something wrong, perhaps I should be using another method, can anyone help me please??

Attachments

• Burn to Disc.png
    Burn to Disc.png
    301.4 KB · Views: 437
Hi

Try right clicking on the drive in the Left Pane and see if there is a "Burn to Disk" option there.
I haven't done this in so long that I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that, that's one way to do it.

It would seem that there should be a obvious "Burn" button someplace but I guess that would be to simple.

Mike

Last edited:
I have gone into Windows Media Player but can find no trace of a "Burn" button. You would think that in 2015, it would be a simple thing to burn pictures to a disc, especially when they have gone to all the trouble of making Windows10!!! There must be a more simple method of burning pics? Looks like you have to have a university degree in computers to understand how it all works. Is there anyone out there that can help me please?

Attachments

• burn to disc 2.png
    burn to disc 2.png
    297.6 KB · Views: 415
Hi

I just went through the process to make sure how it works now.

You need to do it from Windows File Explorer or what ever they are calling it now.
It may be possible to do it from Media Player but I don't know how.

Select the files drag them to your DVD drive, and then right click on the drive in the left windows and select burn to disk.

The other option is to select the files, in File Explorer right click on them, select Send to, and select the DVD drive you want to burn them to.

A pop up will say, "You have files waiting to be written to disk" or something like that.

Click on the popup and it will take you to the drive in File Explorer.

Next you right click on the drive, select Burn to Disk.

This will open a dialog window asking how you want to treat the disk, as a DVD or like a USB Stick (re-writable).

When you select the method and say OK it will write them to the disk.

But you are right, it should be as simple as selecting the files, dragging them to the DVD drive and hitting the Burn button.

I don't know what they are thinking sometimes.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Success!! It worked. I was able to burn both a CD and a DVD, no problem. Thanks very much indeed for all your help, very much appreciated. Best wishes for a very Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year when it comes.

Thanks again, you take care,

Ron

Back
Top Bottom