Windows 10 C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WFP dumps but no bsod

Chunter

Hi there guys n gals.

Hoping someone can help me figure out what is causing these dump files as i'm no expert in reading them.
I've used a program called blue screen viewer to read it and it points to ntoskrnl.exe but thats as far as my decoding of dump logs goes.
When it creates a dump file i used to get the bsod audio noise everytime until i disabled my gpu hdnvidia audio in system manager.
It'll happen at least once a week at anytime and the only way i find out about it is by running ccleaner or browsing to the folder itself.
No blue screens just random dump files once a week.

It's a bizarre one, if it blue screened i could probably fix it but i have no idea what is causing the dump files, i can live with it but its just niggling me.

I'm currently on my work pc but can and will upload and info needed as and when its needed, just wanted to get the ball rolling so to say.

fingers crossed someone can point me in the right direction, its a royal pita.

Regards.

Attachments

• WFP-20181001-2054.dmp
    572.2 KB · Views: 529
Looks network and windows firewall related. Failure is in fwpkclnt.sys. Have you updated to the latest network drivers avaiable?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 5A, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwppFirewallStateOnChange+3f )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
the above dump file is rather rare and means a critical service failed, namely your firewall:
Code:
PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS:  LKD_0x5A_fwpkclnt!FwppFirewallStateOnChange

I can see your running ESET which may be the cause of your issue. Try either removing totally or re-installing a fresh copy.

As nmsuk advises try updating your network drivers too.

I was running the latest drivers when this issue started, luckily for me a new set of killer e2500 drivers came out on the 21st of sept which i now have installed.
Yes i'm using eset, so i'll wait and see if it happens again now i've updated my network drivers before i re install eset.

So glad i found this forum.

Thumbs up cheers

quick update :seems it was eset that was the culprit, whilst uninstalling it i noticed that i'd disabled the windows firewall and defender service...however eset takes control of this on installation.
Eset re installed,those 2 services left alone.all good so far,its been a week or so now.
Once again cheers,

Back