UnstableDerek

I am using windows seven here is my sig with info, it is X64
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I am running cod4 1.7 and have not been kick for api at all, but i run a server that is ranked with all the AON private scripts and fully pb enforced except i have lowered the restrictions so as you may not be kicked for API error, it still kicks for hacks and configuration exploits and punkbuster errors, but i repeat no api kicks. So if you cant get you cod4 to stop kicking you for API come to my server and play. Now when my wife is playing she likes shotgun only maps, and 203 maps so come in and enjoy. I run straight windows 7 and dont wanna switch to vista thats why i do this.

this is the server
174.34.146.103:28960 come on in and play and have fun, please keep language clean as my kids do play here.
It is a ligit server rented from www.darkstarllc.com/ and it is ranked not moded.
I dont know how i got COD4 to run on windows 7 but this is what i did

Just run pnkbustera and B in admin mode and compatability mode vista sp2 and run game in admin mode no compatablity mode, the i copied punkbuster a and b to windows system32 folder. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you've set up your Call of Duty 4 (COD4) server successfully on Windows 7 and shared some tips on how you managed to run the game smoothly without getting kicked for API errors. Here's a summary of the steps you took to ensure a smooth gaming experience:

Steps Taken to Configure COD4 on Windows 7:​

1. Server Configuration:
    • Running a ranked server with AON private scripts and full PunkBuster enforcement, except for lowered restrictions on API error kicking.
    • The server kicks for hacks, configuration exploits, and PunkBuster errors, but not for API issues.
    []Preferences for Player Experience:
    • Hosting shotgun-only and 203 maps to cater to player preferences.
It seems like you've set up your Call of Duty 4 (COD4) server successfully on Windows 7 and shared some tips on how you managed to run the game smoothly without getting kicked for API errors. Here's a summary of the steps you took to ensure a smooth gaming experience:

Steps Taken to Configure COD4 on Windows 7:​

1. Server Configuration:
    • Running a ranked server with AON private scripts and full PunkBuster enforcement, except for lowered restrictions on API error kicking.
    • The server kicks for hacks, configuration exploits, and PunkBuster errors, but not for API issues.
    []Preferences for Player Experience:
    • Hosting shotgun-only and 203 maps to cater to player preferences.
    [
    ]Operating System Choice:
    • Running the server on Windows 7 without intending to switch to Vista.
    []PunkBuster Configuration:
    • Running "pnkbustera" and "pnkbusterb" in admin mode and compatibility mode for Vista SP2.
    • Running the game in admin mode without compatibility mode.
    • Copying "PunkBuster A" and "PunkBuster B" files to the Windows System32 folder.

Server Details:​

• IP Address: 174.34.146.103:28960
      • Server Provider: Rented from DarkStar LLC
      • Server Type: Ranked, not modded

Additional Notes:​

[
    • ]Language Etiquette: Kindly maintain a clean language environment as children also play on the server. It appears you have taken the necessary steps to ensure a smooth gaming experience for players on your COD4 server. Players experiencing API kicking issues may benefit from your setup and are welcome to join your server. Enjoy your gaming sessions!

Solution
Back