Can Anybody Tell Me How To Connect To Wireless.......

Celestra

Former Moderator
I need a back up "Wireless Connection". My Computer sees "2wire840" which is a very strong secured Radio Type Signal. But I need a code to connect to it. Does anybody know about it ? There's another similar, although not as strong nearby-- secured.

Surely your ISP will have this info Celestra? Or am I way off base here... :)

I Can See Everybody...

I can see in my computer everybody that comes on line. Neighbors fade in and out. The ones I'm interested in-- I believe are public. A long time ago I used a radio type signal and got a fairly good INTERNET connection, however, sending mail or other transactions wasn't secure. Now that they are secure, I'm interested. My computer doesn't say what it is, but it might be a phone service or the City of Riverside. Currently I have a DSL High Speed Modem. On week-ends and holidays it's getting harder and harder to connect right away to the Internet. I would need temporary service connections......

I know I'll have to get a router, my security service automatically secures a router-- but I'll secure it anyway. Using a none paid for service is new to me-- I know the City Of Riverside has free Internet. If I can pick it up I'll use it. My ISP is in Los Angeles--about 50 to 60 miles away. Or I could use San Fransisco connection- not to much difference in the delay in emergency- same ISP.

Last edited:
City Wide Free Internet Not Available

I've read numerous articles about how the City of Riverside has a deal with AT&T to make Free Internet Service in Riverside (80 mile stretch) a reality. Something about putting transmitters in the Telephone Polls or City Lights. I guess I'll have to ask a local business owner or Net Zero for my emergency back up service.

Hmm... Sorry I couldn't be further help. The only thing I can suggest is to try Google. Someone must know the 'ups and downs' of using free wifi internet.

Back
Top Bottom