Can Anybody Tell Me How To Connect To Wireless.......

Celestra

Former Moderator
I need a back up "Wireless Connection". My Computer sees "2wire840" which is a very strong secured Radio Type Signal. But I need a code to connect to it. Does anybody know about it ? There's another similar, although not as strong nearby-- secured.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Surely your ISP will have this info Celestra? Or am I way off base here... :)

Celestra

Former Moderator
I Can See Everybody...

I can see in my computer everybody that comes on line. Neighbors fade in and out. The ones I'm interested in-- I believe are public. A long time ago I used a radio type signal and got a fairly good INTERNET connection, however, sending mail or other transactions wasn't secure. Now that they are secure, I'm interested. My computer doesn't say what it is, but it might be a phone service or the City of Riverside. Currently I have a DSL High Speed Modem. On week-ends and holidays it's getting harder and harder to connect right away to the Internet. I would need temporary service connections......

I know I'll have to get a router, my security service automatically secures a router-- but I'll secure it anyway. Using a none paid for service is new to me-- I know the City Of Riverside has free Internet. If I can pick it up I'll use it. My ISP is in Los Angeles--about 50 to 60 miles away. Or I could use San Fransisco connection- not to much difference in the delay in emergency- same ISP.

Last edited:

Celestra

Former Moderator
City Wide Free Internet Not Available

I've read numerous articles about how the City of Riverside has a deal with AT&T to make Free Internet Service in Riverside (80 mile stretch) a reality. Something about putting transmitters in the Telephone Polls or City Lights. I guess I'll have to ask a local business owner or Net Zero for my emergency back up service.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hmm... Sorry I couldn't be further help. The only thing I can suggest is to try Google. Someone must know the 'ups and downs' of using free wifi internet.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.