Windows 10 Can I install windows 7 over windows10

dfg4240

I have an HP laptop (17 ") with 1windows 10 loaded with bloatware-Tried everything to get rid of windows 10 including windows 7 install disk which will load everything and comes to the install screen. When I click on it a box comes up saying not supported. Can I format the C: drive and then install windows 7 .?
I bought the windows 10 flash drive and installed that and it still has all the bloatware.
I bought it at best buy who told me there would be no bloatware.
Should I throw this laptop away I bought it on sale i5 1 TB hard drive 8gig ram-less that $300.
This thing is so slow and aggravating.
Thanks for any help

Make sure you have copies of all the files you want on a flash drive or external hard drive. Then you can do a pc reset in Windows 10 which will remove all the bloatware, except the Microsoft stuff.
You'll still have Microsoft Solitaire Collection, etc. You can right-click on them in the start menu and click on uninstall to get rid of them.
If you still want to install Windows 7, do a clean install by booting with the Windows 7 dvd or flash drive, then select Custom, format all drives and delete them, then click on unallocated space and install Windows 7.
Also if your laptop is new and you want to install Windows 7, you'll need to disable Secure Boot in the UEFI/BIOS first, before installing Windows 7.
Secure Boot is only supported in Windows 8.8.1/10, not Windows 7.

OOPS!!, I forgot to tell you how to refresh Windows 10.
1. In the Start Menu click on Settings.
2.In Settings click on Update & Security.
3.Click on Recovery
4. Click on Reset This PC
5.Restart your pc when asked.
P.S. During all these processes make sure your laptop is plugged into a electric outlet, not on battery, as it may take awhile to complete.

Even if your laptop is brand new, you need to go to the HP website and see if they have windows 7 drivers for your laptop. Windows 7 installation software might not have the correct drivers/ no drivers for your new laptop.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I upgraded my HP Envy laptop from Windows 7 to 10 Pro. I removed some of the bloatware tiles and removed software not needed. I replaced the 5400 rpm hard drive with a new SSD solid state drive and it boots up to desktop screen in 10 seconds. I found that Windows 10 is much more stable than previous windows operating systems like 7 and 8.

Also if you go back to Windows 7, it is less secure against virus and malware.

I did do a fresh install with a flash drive for windows 10 and I just threw away the money because it has so much bloatware.
If I buy an SSd drive I don't think it would make a difference as I heard it was built in the software HP

OOPS!!, I forgot to tell you how to refresh Windows 10.
1. In the Start Menu click on Settings.
2.In Settings click on Update & Security.
3.Click on Recovery
4. Click on Reset This PC
5.Restart your pc when asked.
P.S. During all these processes make sure your laptop is plugged into a electric outlet, not on battery, as it may take awhile to complete.
Thanks a million
What a difference with refresh, you were right. What a difference. refresh takes hours to refresh I was doing reset before.
laptop is much faster now thank you

Back
Top Bottom