Windows 10 Can i use 2133mhz with 8700K or should i buy 2666mhz?

sew333

Hi. My rams:

https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX421C14FB2K2_16.pdf

Currently are on Asus Z170-P motherb and 6700K. I am buying 8700K and Asus Tuf Z370 Pro Gaming.

Asus TUF Z370-PRO GAMING w Morele.net

I must buy faster new ram and sold actually or not necessary ? I dont have much money and i must safe cash for gpu.

So this mean i will be have bootleneck? So right now me having lower MHz ram than Intel actually recommends slows down the CPU or not really?

They said:
Intel i7-8700K Coffee Lake Memory Benchmark Analysis

"The minimum memory frequency we would recommend for a high-end Coffee Lake system is 2666 MHz. Everything below that seems to have relatively large performance effects."

Next test::

Intel Coffee Lake-S: Core i7 8700K - Test

In Witcher 3 20 fps difference between 2133mhz and 2666mhz.

I am using 1080p monitor 144hz, GFX Gtx 1080 ti

And why on intel specification is 2666mhz memory,look:
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz) Product Specifications

Yes ram will affect general performance. In most cases it's not that significant; however, if Intel tell you having a certain ram type will affect the performance significantly I would be inclined to believe them

If they are compat install, enable xmp and off you go. 2400 used to be the highest non overclocked speed. Recently it became 2666, I'd getthose ripjaw and get them at 3000. Should see a nice perf boost.

I have heard that XMP are often problematic. Instability and other. But if producent swear 3000mhz its must be stable then?

It can have issues, but then you have to enter timings manually. Really isn't a big deal.

yes but i have anxiety about instability and ocing. I dont want oc. Just buy and use all on stock settings. So that rams will run on 3000mhz at default boot up or i must manually adjust?

This rams i want to buy:

G.SKILL 16GB 3000MHz RipjawsV CL15 (2x8GB) - Pamięci RAM DDR4 - Sklep komputerowy - x-kom.pl

G.SKILL 16GB 3000MHz RipjawsV CL15 (2x8GB) 1.35

So they are XMP memory right? I will be completing pc parts in next week. So if i boot pc first time to UEFI , it will revert rams to 2133mhz and 1.2v right? To get 3000mhz and 1.35v i must enable only XMP profile in UEFI,thats all?

I am scared about instability with XMP. There is a million topics with instability pc using xmp profiles and memtest86 errors. I dont wanna mess with voltages,timings etc. Just want all stable on stock.

But stability with xmp is guaranteed by manufacturer of this rams right?

Back
Top Bottom