Windows 7 Can not activate IPv6

wanthai

Hi I have a Dell Optiplex 745 wit Win 7Proff. 64 bit.

I can not make my network adapter s IPv6 active, even that I mark it in LAN Properties.

Here is my ipconfig:

C:\>ipconfig /all
Windows IP-konfiguration
Værtsnavn. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Tage-Pc
Primært DNS-suffiks. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .:
Nodetype . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP-routing aktiveret . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . : no
WINS-proxy aktiveret . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . : no
Ethernet-netværkskort LAN-forbindelse:
Forbindelsesspecifikt DNS-suffiks. . . . . . :
Beskrivelse. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . : 00-19-B9-2E-CC-19
DHCP aktiveret . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . : yes
Automatisk konfiguration aktiveret . . . . .. . . : yes
IPv4-adresse . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. : 10.0.0.2(Foretrukken)
Undernetmaske. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .: 255.255.255.0
Rettigheden opnået . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .: 18. januar 2012 12:50:22
Rettigheden udløber. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 21. januar 2012 12:50:21
Standardgateway. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
DHCP-server. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..: 10.0.0.1
DNS-servere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . : 212.242.40.3
NetBIOS over Tcpip . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . : Activatet
C:\>

Do anybody have an idea off what the problem is

Hi Randy
>It is likely a problem with the registry value that governs IPv6. Please take a moment to read this article How to disable IP version 6 >(IPv6) or its specific components in Windows 7, in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008 R2, and in Windows Server 2008 >(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852) and perhaps give the "Enable IPv6" FixIt a try. Regards Randy"

I have read that article, and I have run the FixIt from Microsoft. It do not help.
The problem occure wen I try to start a Home Group, Then I get that pop-up message that the IPv6 are not enabled.

so I never get my Homegroup up and runing.:cry_smile:

Did you try checking the registry for the "DisabledComponents" value (DWORD 32bit) should be set to zero "0" (no actual quotes nowhere)
Should be located here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\
Using the Windows Registry Editor can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. It cannot be guaranteed that any problems resulting from the use of the Windows Registry Editor can be solved. If you choose to edit the Windows Registry please understand that you do so at your own risk so unless you feel fairly comfortable and confident you should probably not use the Editor. Changes made to the Windows Registry can take effect immediately and those that do not will take effect following the next reboot of your computer, and a current backup is not automatically made for you....So manually create a system restore point, backup the registry and export the key you are editing for safe keeping before doing so.

:flower::flower::flower:

Yes, thank you that was exactly wath was needed to solve the problem.

There were in the Dword ff and when changeing that to 0, and restart the mashine it all worked.

So put this to the Solved

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

Glad to hear you were able to resolve you problem. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you.
Hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

I backed up the whole HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSYEM and opened the Tcpip6 and the

DisabledComponents REG_WORD 0x000000ff (255)

EnableICSipv6 REG_WORD 0x00000001 (1)

What should I do or is my problem different. Trying to start Home group says IP6 not enabled, but the boxes are all checked in properties?

Back