can NOT get windows 7 to upgrade to 8. at all.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
LITTLE bit of progress.... my wife's sister's boyfirend's friend had a copy of Release Candidate that he brought over so we could try. and wouldn't you know, that idiot thing boots right up. gimme a break. now i'm trying to upgrade RC to Win8. *fingers crossed*

Please keep us updated. I'm really curious if this works; if so, the only thing I can figure is you had a bad disk.

IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0559.JPG

so apparently the problem must HAVE been drivers. i'm an idiot. because i tried to upgrade new, and nothing. upgrade with only keeping settings, nothing. upgrade why keeping files, programs, and settings. it worked. so evidently it had to carry over the drivers i installed or something.... i dunno.

why else would it ONLY work if i upgrade and carry everything over? (which i did NOT want to do?) doesnt make sense. oh well. it is now working, and i hate microsoft.

and i apologize to anyone who had to witness me throwing a fit while the east coast got hit this weekend. my prayers are with the victims of the storm. thanks for the help guys.

View attachment 599
View attachment 600

so apparently the problem must HAVE been drivers. i'm an idiot. because i tried to upgrade new, and nothing. upgrade with only keeping settings, nothing. upgrade why keeping files, programs, and settings. it worked. so evidently it had to carry over the drivers i installed or something.... i dunno.

why else would it ONLY work if i upgrade and carry everything over? (which i did NOT want to do?) doesnt make sense. oh well. it is now working, and i hate microsoft.

and i apologize to anyone who had to witness me throwing a fit while the east coast got hit this weekend. my prayers are with the victims of the storm. thanks for the help guys.
in case you didnt catch it. i am now running the fully licensed official Windows 8 final release. and it is pretty intuitive and easy to use. all the grumblers just don't want to give up their windows 98 se look and feel :p

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Thanks for follow up Keith and enjoy Windows 8.. :)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.