Windows 7 can not install Windows Media Player 12 – Windows 7 on a 32-Bit system

brokenevol

i recently did a complete install (not an up grade) from vista to windows 7, now i can't install windows media player have tried wmp 11 and wmp 12 but say's it is not compatible with my system. i am using a dell inspiron e1505, 2gig memory, 150gb hard drive, other than the wmp problem windows 7 works perfectly have not had any problems other than that, and really it seems to be faster and has less hang ups... so if anyone has a solution please contact me... thanks in advance for all the help...:cool:

Don't know if you are still needing help, but if so please let us know which version of Windows 7 you have installed, I am frequently suprised to find some features missing from some down level versions, however I would have thought that media player would be included with most if not all versions. Trying opening control panel, in the top right where it says view by make sure you choose small icons, then choose "Programs and Features" then on the left choose "Turn Windows features on or off. Take a look at the attachment and make sure you have the check marks in the proper boxes

I am unable to watch lectures sent out by my online professor. The online course uses Realplayer for all of the lectures. It gives me this message when I try to open up the lecture into Windows Media Player:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:")."

Can Windows Media Player be uninstalled and reinstalled? I use Windows 7. It just started this problem today. Yesterday, it worked fine with the lectures. I called the instructor and he could not solve the problem. My daughter plugged into the same internet hook-up with her laptop and it will open the video/lectures. I use a Sony VAIO. I also tried opening it up on Foxfire and Internet Explorer.

Hi

I think the problem is that it can't read the Realplayer file.
I haven't use Realplayer for a long time but I once used it a lot.

I don't know why is would have stopped if it worked before.
Have you tried playing other videos in Windows Media Player to see if it is working.

Another option is just to download Realplayer, it's free, and play them in the same program that created them.

RealPlayer — Download the best video and audio player

Mike

Back