Windows 10 Can not see any existing mp3 files in Groove music

Not able to see or play any mp3 files using groove Music!
After setting windows media player as default player, was able to play MP3 and video files on desktop.
Same way no Store App is able to play music, most of music apps are crashing.

Have you tried placing the mp3 files in the music folder then going to Groove and browsing to the folder that contains those files. Even if you can't see any music files in the folder whilst using the browse option still add the folder and they should appear in Groove. I had some 'flac' music files and I did the above and Groove found them and would play them. Give it a try.

Groove cannot find music no matter where it is and how many times I have uninstalled Groove, deleted or moved the Music folders, re-added them, pointed to them. Manually "Open with" Groove Music. Groove music still doesn't see any Music on my PC. Running Windows 10 Insider Preview on work desktop or WIndows Home. Windows 10 Pro on laptop finds MP3s but stops at 4,000. I think problem is I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE to Xbox, nor do I ever plan to pay Microsoft for anything. Windows Media Player works without issue.

Hi

You may want to look at WinAmp, I've used it for so many years that I can't remember when I started, but it works really well and has constantly updated through the years.

I love the graphics generating engine that creates a constantly changing video of shapes and colors on the monitor as it plays, based on the sounds. It goes on for hours without repeating the same patterns.

Even after using WinAmp for years I still see new visuals.

I put it on when we have a party, and people do really spend some time watching the patterns, (no Pot involved).

Winamp 5.666 Download

It's FREE!

I place all the music I want in a playlist in one folder, and then it's just one step to add the folder to WinAmp as a collection.

I have one playlist that will play for 18 hours, without repeating.

If you set it as the default music player Cortana should open it and play your music when you say, "Hey Cortana, Play my music" and then pause resume and change tracks when you ask her to.

I don't guarantee this since it does't work for my anymore, though it did until I updated to the final version of Windows 10 but it works for my friend.

But that's about Cortana not WinAmp.

Mike

Last edited:
Back