Windows 7 can you run Office 2003 on Windows 7?

Albert Hall

Can you run Office 2003 on Windows 7? I understand that you can't run it on Windows 8. I particularly like the original GUI used in Office up to the 2003 version.

I’m running the Office 2003 Small Business Edition under Windows 8.1, so I can see no reason why Office 2003 shouldn’t run under Windows 7.

Hi

I'm running Office 2003 in Windows 8, and I'm not seeing any problems at all.

I ran it in Windows 7 for years before this. installed from the same disks.

Mike

Last edited:
Can you run Office 2003 on Windows 7? I understand that you can't run it on Windows 8. I particularly like the original GUI used in Office up to the 2003 version.

I don't have 2003 version, Mine is 2007 version.

Here is an article published by Microsoft................
Microsoft Office 2003 suites and applications are not compatible with Windows 8.
Microsoft will end support for Office 2003 on April 8, 2014. This change will affect your software updates and security options.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2777626

As far as we know, MS Office 2003 and Win 7 are compatible.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm guessing that when they say that they aren't compatible with Windows 8 they are talking about running it in the Metro interface.

I don't know why they would say that's they aren't compatible unless there are things that don't work that I never run into.
I don't use all the stuff, basically just Word and Powerpoint.

Both Word and Powerpoint run really well in W8.

Office2003_zps18e23fc8.jpg

Mike

MS Compatibility Center -
See the compatibility table.............MS Office 2003 on Win 8.1

Microsoft will end support for Office 2003 on April 8, 2014.
That means by April 8th, 2014.....
1. Any unreported and newly discovered security issues with any Office 2003 application will NOT be patched.
2. Any new updates of Win 8.1 will not be tested to ensure that they will be compatible with Office 2003.

It's time to either upgrade MS Office or find alternatives such as LibreOffice.

Hi

If it stops working I'll switch to Open Office.
That's what I installed on my wifes computer since it wouldn't let me use Office on it.

It seems to work fine and I don't have a lot of use for anything but the writing application anyway.
I used to do a lot of Powerpoint presentations but If I do something like that now I do it as a video.

Mike

Hi

I'm running Office 2003 in Windows 8, and I'm not seeing any problems at all.

I ran it in Windows 7 for years before this. installed from the same disks.

Mike
Mike, Pleased to say that I have now installed Windows 7 and Office 2003. All OK except for one thing, I can't load .xlsx files. The screen says the software (Excel 2003) doesn't recognise the file format. I could certainly load .xlsx files under XP. Am I missing a utility, and if so, is it possible to get it still? Thanks in advance. A-H

Back
Top Bottom