Windows 7 Cannont start Windows 7 b/c of Bitlocker

UnknowGirl

Hi Guys,

I have a Dell Laptop and left it open at a party. Afterward I noticed that it I cannot start windows anymore. Somehow someone enabled Microsoft bitLocker on my computer. When I start the computer the following message shows up:

" Dell MeiaDirect Express cannot access your hard drive. This may be because you have enabled Microsoft BitLocker (Drive Encryption). MediaDirect Express is not accessible when Microsoft BitLocker is enabled. "

I can't even get into the Windows Start menu. I can only klick on the exit button, what causes the Laptop to shut down.

It might be, that on the party people were using their USB-sticks and Micro cards on the Laptop, but I don't really know. So, please help me to solve this problem.

Do I have to reinstall my laptop and windows? if I do that, how can I save my Data from the Laptop? By the way, I only have one hard drive partition.

thanks.

Don't Worry!

All that has happened is that someone has encrypted your C: drive with BitLocker. All you need to do is find someone that has an extra hard drive slot in their computer (that isn't hard to find) and Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise, and then unlock the drive. The drive will have a password on it, so it may be hard to decrypt it considering someone did it at a party. You just need to keep guessing until you remember the password, and you hopefully ran a backup recently. Also, if you find the person that did it, kill them because that's a very tricky problem to solve.

Back