Cannot access NAS

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by Arion, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Shelby L Ulrich

Shelby L Ulrich New Member

Re: 1208 solution for iomega nas drives

I gotta say, I have been reading many forums and NOBODY has had a fix for this...... until I read this. THANK YOU very much! works great.

2. w7fsl

w7fsl New Member

Hi,

I had recently encountered the same problem accessing NAS from Windows 7. I'm using QNAP and Thecus NAS, however I believe this solution should work for NAS with Windows 7.

To access the attached NAS, do the following (Windows 7):
    1. Open: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings.
    2. Click "Turn on password protected sharing"
    3. Done. Now all the NAS can be seen!
    Hope this help. Cheers....[​IMG]

3. sarthak5

sarthak5 New Member

Here is how I did for NAS: Coomax CN-590

1. Go to Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools, open "Local ecurity Policy\Local Policies\Security Options" and edit the value of "Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level" to "Send LM and NTLM responses"
    2. Create one account in the Windows 7, say userid = Sarthak and Password is left blank.
    3. Create one account in the Coomax CN-590 Samba server with the same userid = Sarthak and Password is left blank.
    ( I think instead of leaving it blank, you can have the same password in both places, I have not tested it though)
    4. Then browse the NAS down to a folder, such as my NAS is http://storage-2044/, but when I access it from the windows explorer, I browse a folder in it, such as \\storage-2044\public and it works (just \\storage-2044 does not work)
    Thanks.

4. win7pain

win7pain New Member

You are my hero, I wish I read this VERY simple solution 12 hours ago!!!!! :)