Windows 10 Cannot activate windows 10 home

saharm

I used to have windows 7 Home Premium and I decided to upgrade, I installed windows 10 home and it all went fine, I activated my windows used it for a month or so with no problems but since last week its not activated and i get the error saying "YOU ARE USING WINDOWS 10 HOME, THE PRODCUT KEY YOU ENTERED CANNOT BE USED TO ACTIVATE THIS EDITION" please help...

Hi

Do you have and are you signed into your Microsoft Account?
That's all you should need to have it activate, if you have activated it previously.

Mike

Nope i havent, what is a microsoft account ? i dont recall i have one at all, could you shed some light?

ok so i tried to activate with a microsoft account logged in , it still hasnt worked, same error

Hi I'm curious! What do you see when you type winver in the search Orb?
Capture48.JPG

You can try the following
  • Open a command prompt and type slui 3
  • Enter your product key and see if it will activate
  • If no close the activation wizard and type slui 4
  • Select your Country and click next
  • Call the 1 800 number and enter the activation ID on your screen

I used to have windows 7 Home Premium and I decided to upgrade, I installed windows 10 home and it all went fine, I activated my windows used it for a month or so with no problems but since last week its not activated and i get the error saying "YOU ARE USING WINDOWS 10 HOME, THE PRODCUT KEY YOU ENTERED CANNOT BE USED TO ACTIVATE THIS EDITION" please help...
IS you Windows 10 Home Premium activated at the time when you upgraded to Windows 10 Home? If not, then this is the reason you getting the error you mentioned above.

Back