Cannot connect [IP unable to bind]

Aleks

Hello,

So, suddenly after updating Windows, I got a pop up where my internet connection is. It went too fast for me to read and then the computer rebooted. Upon logging in, my internet no longer connects. I tried cmd and ipconfig /all and it tells me nothing is connected.

My driver is up to date.
Internet doesn't even work on Safe Boot with Networking.
Tried uninstalling, rebooting and installing + update.
Tried disconnecting wire, restarting router etc etc.
Check to see if services are set to automatically connect/etc (they are)
Tried flushing dns

Internet works in Ubuntu on the same computer (I'm on it now) just not on Windows 7 Pro x64bit.

If anyone could help me out with this problem, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
Try uninstalling that MS update.

Aleks

Hello and thank you kindly for the reply! :)

I have tried uninstalling the MS update as directed but the issue persists.

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
OK....do a system restore to a point in time before the update/issue began.

Aleks

Hello,

I tried the restore point and it still doesn't work. Initially reports something is wrong with drivers and then inspect reveals the problems from above.

edit

Okay, I clicked "Advanced" and found one from five days ago, before an update. It was the only one I had. I clicked it and reverted, and the internet seems to be working fine. I went to check what updates had caused it, and the only two available were "Microsoft Essentials".

Odd.

Should I hide these updates or try to install them to see what went wrong?

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
I would.....unless you want to install one update at a time to confirm which one is the actual culprit.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.