Windows 8 Cannot delete folder, cannot change permissions

usermn

I use Windows 8.1 64-bit and Firefox 53.0.3. I'm the sole user and administrator on the computer.

There is a directory
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<8-digit alphanumeric code>.default\features\<15-digit numeric code>

I tried to delete the folder. It says
You need permission to perform this action. You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder.

I tried to move the folder to another folder. It says
You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder.

I clicked Continue. It says
You need permission to perform this action. You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder.

Advanced Security Settings says
Owner: Unable to display current owner.
I clicked Change. It says
You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings.

Under the Permissions tab, it says
You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click Continue to attempt the operation with administrative permissions.

Under the Auditing tab, it says
You must be an administrator or have been given the appropriate priviledges to view the auditing properties of this object. Do you want to continue?

Under the Effective Access tab, it says
You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click Continue to attempt the operation with administrative permissions.

I ran cmd as administrator and tried to run this:
TAKEOWN /F C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<8-digit alphanumeric code>.default\features\<15-digit numeric code>

It says:
ERROR: Access is denied.

How do I get rid of the folder?

Last edited:
I was able to remove the directory in Safe Mode. Thank you.

I wonder why Safe Mode was needed. Previously I have been able to remove Firefox profile files without trouble.

I was able to remove the directory in Safe Mode. Thank you.

I wonder why Safe Mode was needed. Previously I have been able to remove Firefox profile files without trouble.
There may have been a portion of the files still in use or similar. Glad to see you got it sorted tho'

Back