Windows 7 Cannot install daylight saving time patch KB979306 for Windows 7

The update says is if from 2010, and is probably not needed for SP1. Is there some reason you think you needed it?

My windows still uses the old Daylight Saving Time settings, which begins in early April and ends in late October. I need to install an update to accommodate the new DST in the United States.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell desktop. I need to install a patch for the new daylight saving time laws. I downloaded the KB979306 patch for 64-bit system from this site:

Download Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB979306) from Official Microsoft Download Center

When I try to install it pops up this message: "The update is not applicable to your computer"

What am I missing?

I do not have an answer for you. Just want to make a comment which I do believe is beneficial to you......

You asked the same question at Seven Forums back in March this year.
Shouldn't you follow through and run the MGADiag report as suggested?
Why did you stop replying after that suggestion?
The person who made that suggestion is extremely knowledgeable. You shouldn't abandon the thread in this manner.

I apologize if you find my reply unhelpful.

I'd say Windows Update is the solution. You may have a problem with language, if you have the wrong language it may affect time zones.

Back
Top Bottom