Windows 7 Cannot join W2k3 domain

Lynda

When I used the 7000 beta I was able to join our work domain after I turned on additional features. Now with the RC I cannot join my work domain. I have turned on every feature and still no go. I get this message:

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\Windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.
The domain name "brklynpk" might be a NetBIOS domain name. If this is the case, verify that the domain name is properly registered with WINS.
If you are certain that the name is not a NetBIOS domain name, then the following information can help you troubleshoot your DNS configuration.
The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "brklynpk":
The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)
The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.brklynpk
Common causes of this error include the following:
- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:
- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:
brklynpk
. (the root zone)

Any clues anyone?? I forgot to mention. I can ping the domain controllers by name so DNS should not be an issue.

Last edited:
Yes those settings were correct. I did finally solve my problem though :) It appears that when I turned off the Windows Firewall then I could connect to the domain.

Thank you for the suggestion though:)

Back