Windows 7 Canon Scanner does not work Win 7

fahad619

Hello,i am new win 7 user.I have installed latest driver of my canon scan lide100 for win 7:(.But do not detect my scanner where in xp its works perfect.plz help me.:mad:.kindly give me drivers for win 7 x32.vuescan do not detect.

Last edited:
Win 7 and/or manufacturer support can be a problem. Using a x64 version of Win 7 always limits the number of drivers available for hardware. But you might check the Canon site to see if they supply a driver for your Win 7 version. If not, there may be a Win 7 driver, but it seems if there was, it is not working very well.

You might be able to use a Win XP driver or Vista, if you run it as such and a driver for your version (x64 or x32) is available it might work.

Another option might be to use Vuescan software, if it has support for your device. It does seem to require a basic driver from the manufacturer to function.

Hi

I had a Epson Scanner that would not work with 64 bit windows.
I had to do as Saltgrass said and use Vuescan software to get it to work.

VueScan 9 Scanning Software for Windows 7, Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) and Linux

This isn't free software but you can run it on trial and see if it will do what you want.

I have since upgraded to a new Cannon scanner that does work with 64 bit Windows.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom