Windows 7 canon scanner lide 30 twain probs

I couldn't get mine to work either. I then tried to install in the driver in XP SP3 compatibility and run as administrator and that was the first time the driver installed. I installed the Canonscan Toolbox the same way and now the scanner works perfectly. Hope this helps someone.

Forgot to add the scanner worked fine in Vista 32. I tried to initially install in Vista compatibility then both Vista SP1 and SP2 and it didn't work. This was on build 7100 and now 7260.

Last edited:
twain dll issue?

Am thinking that the twain32.dll file in build 7100 was a bad one. Can anyone point me to a more recent twain32.dll build that might be with 7260 or later editions? Am guessing that replacing it might just do the trick with my 64 bit version...

:D

Yep i have a canon lide 20 with the same problems, does someone have the working dll as i could use it also

Many thanks

LIDE 30 continued woes

Well, I have installed the latest released "finals" on Win 7 on three separate machines (albeit all running 64 bit installs). In all cases, the LIDE 30 failed to find the right driver, even though it's a twain system. The Canon toolbox loaded and ran fine, but the drivers for the scanner (twain or WIA) failed miserably. Now up to Canon to see if they will update the drivers, or just make us buy new scanners... me, I have an older laptop I can dedicate to scanning with this scanner.

canon scanner still a no go

Well, tried three different Win 7 systems with the Canon LIDE 30 scanner, still a no-go on all accounts. Am guessing this will be time for a scanner replacement...

Hi,

If you do Link Removed - Invalid URL, you will can to download the universal driver for all scanners and for all operatives systems of windows (xp, vista, 7).

This Software work to both Systems: 32 and 64 Bit.

Regards,

I struggled with getting drivers to load for my old Canon LiDE on Win7 64bit. I gave up on the drivers and tried VueScan (hamrick.com). I was skeptical, but it worked straight out of the box. It has a trial download that puts a watermark on the scan but is fully functional.

At $39 its a bit pricey for use on a crappy old scanner. It costs more than the old scanner worth, but I guess it is less than a new scanner. I wouldn't hesitate at $20 but at $39 its a bit steep.

Anyway it seems to be really useful scanner software with auto skew correction and color correction, multi frame, it scan to pdf tiff jpg (at the same time). It even does basic OCR. Only problem is I can't scan from within other software - I guess this needs the TWAIN drivers.

I hope this helps some other frustrated win7 users like me

cheers

Canon LiDE 30 driver is not Windows 7, but if you want on this page may be compatible with Vista drivers may be useful to try

Back
Top Bottom