Windows 7 canon scanner lide 30 twain probs

ollyc12

scanner toolbox appears to load correctly but when i go to scan i get message "unable to load TWAIN server" i installed latest drivers from canon website for my model (LIDE30). i then uninstallad scanner driver from device manager and then reinstalled from reboot but no luck. any offers ?

scanner toolbox appears to load correctly but when i go to scan i get message "unable to load TWAIN server" i installed latest drivers from canon website for my model (LIDE30). i then uninstallad scanner driver from device manager and then reinstalled from reboot but no luck. any offers ?

I am running win7 64 bit version 7048 and use the canon 600f scanner, drivers are "lide600fvst641212ea16_scanner driver" and I get the same "unable to load twain server" :confused:

it worked ok in win7 7000 :frown:

never the twain..........

i have had another look at the twain unable to load twain server, it is obvious that the scanner toolbox cannot see the scanner, i am running 7057 everything else works like a dream, the curious thing is my scanner worked ok in 7000.hmmm.

i now hace scanner working ok on 7057. i deleted everything regarding canon scanner, including registry entries via regedit. i installed canon installation disc and then plugged in scanner. and like a rabbit out of a hat the scanner now works. namaste to all my readers.

Last edited:
i have had another look at the twain unable to load twain server, it is obvious that the scanner toolbox cannot see the scanner, i am running 7057 everything else works like a dream, the curious thing is my scanner worked ok in 7000.hmmm.

i now hace scanner working ok on 7057. i deleted everything regarding canon scanner, including registry entries via regedit. i installed canon installation disc and then plugged in scanner. and like a rabbit out of a hat the scanner now works. namaste to all my readers.

nice 1 so it can work :p

was the scanner plugged in when you installed the OS ?

I'm just about to install 7057 so think will try with scanner unplugged so windows doesn't install anything then try with the canon drivers :confused:

installed as above after a fresh install of win7 version 7057 my scanner will not work :confused:

Last edited:
.........refresh re TWAIN prob.

ickymay, go through your pc and remove all references to Canon scanner (device manager, regedit, program files etc). install canon toolbox etc from the canon installation disc, when done, reboot. then plug up your scanner. you should get a result, you should when you plug up, hear your drivers kick in.. this only works if you have the original scanner installation disc.
good luck and keep smiling innit.

ickymay, go through your pc and remove all references to Canon scanner (device manager, regedit, program files etc). install canon toolbox etc from the canon installation disc, when done, reboot. then plug up your scanner. you should get a result, you should when you plug up, hear your drivers kick in.. this only works if you have the original scanner installation disc.
good luck and keep smiling innit.

well I do have the canon drivers installed and I have discovered the scanner will work using the microsoft scanner utlity found under devices, but I dont have the toolbox installed as it comes up with "canoscan toolbox is an incompatible program" :eek:

question is do you have the drivers installed and the toolbox or ??

I also never had the disc as the scanner was a bargain from pcWorld and had no discs etc and have always used the install packages found on canons site :cool:

the microsoft utility is a bit limited in choices but I'm not sure if I should keep poking :confused:

as an update to this issue I am finding canon support to be very polite and responsive :)

I asked them origonally for a fix and they replied
Thank you for contacting Canon.

Since Windows 7 is still a BETA version, we do not currently support that OS. As soon as it is officially released we can provide help and support as regards the compatibility of that OS with our products. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

I hope this information is of use to you. If you have any other queries, or need any other information, please do not hesitate to reply directly to this email, keeping all previous history
so I then replied that given this was nearing release candidate version I was hoping that canon would prefer to be "ahead of the game" and inquired about a possible interim fix , their reply was
Thank you for contacting Canon.

Once again we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. Our R&D department is currently involved in developing the correct drivers for that particular OS. Given our range of products, this can take some time, as we have to develop the relevant software for all of these. We kindly ask you to be patient and Canon will announce the release of Windows 7 drivers as soon as they have been developed.

I hope this information is of use to you. If you have any other queries, or need any other information, please do not hesitate to reply directly to this email, keeping all previous history.

I guess that's about as much as can hoped for, unless of course it's a windows 7 issue :eek:

WIA and the TWAIN server never shall meet?

I have a CanoScan Lide 20 and had the same problem transitioning from Windows 7 build 7000 to Windows 7 build 7057.

I managed to find an older compatible WIA driver from Canon's site when I was having trouble installing in Windows XP.

I went through the driver installing/uninstalling/reinstalling process too many times and figured there must be an easier way (in fact, I fully expect/demand that the next generation of Windows be smarter). Instead of messing around with trying to figure out if I should use the driver that came with my old hardware, or the manufacturer's updated driver, or Windows update driver service, I just let it do what it was going to do (ultimately ending up with Windows choice) and installed the "extra" WIA driver along with it. Didn't even need to reboot. You may be able to find it on Canon's site but if not, I uploaded it to my eSnips for the nice, kind folks here at Windows 7 Forums who bothered to post so clearly about our common issues.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

If for any reason the link doesn't work or you are being extra-cautious with your clicking you can always search for me at esnips.com; my username there is psygirl604 and I created a fresh, crisp Windows 7 folder just for it. (Either of the self-extracting install packages within should work.)

Good luck, folks! :cool:

Edit: Oops! It's happening again. Guess I was so excited I was too eager to post. Apparently only the button on my scanner worked; not the rest of the features that are essential to function fully. If I figure out how to get it working FULLY on build 7057 I'll be sure to post my method here. (Tried the suggestion above but Finding through regedit is one of the most tedious tasks there is -- phew!)

Last edited:
yup tried that driver and nothing fixed for me, I'm also not keen on trying to remove all entries in regedit, also complicated for me by the fact I have a canon printer to add to the confusion :confused:

I am not convinced it's a driver problem as I can scan using the inbuilt windows util :)

I think this is more an issue in the canon toolbox ;)

An interesting twist ... very similar problem with Epson

I am experiencing a very similar problem with my Epson scanner (V700 Perfection) on 64-bit build of 7048. All worked well on build 7000 but now I get TWAIN errors from both Silverfast and Adobe (which i use most prominently for scanning). Interestingly the built-in Windows scan software works! Anyone else experiencing this?

I am experiencing a very similar problem with my Epson scanner (V700 Perfection) on 64-bit build of 7048. All worked well on build 7000 but now I get TWAIN errors from both Silverfast and Adobe (which i use most prominently for scanning). Interestingly the built-in Windows scan software works! Anyone else experiencing this?

the more ppl post abut this issue the more I beleive it's a mistake/bug in this build of win7 :frown:

hi folks

sorry for my bad english but i think, i can help you by the scanner problem.
i had it also.

by the build 7057 is the twain 32 dll not installed in c/windows.
its a bug.

copy a twain. 32 dll in this folder (for example from build 7000) were the driver works correct.

hope i can help and you understand me.

greez mbuna from germany

sorry for my bad english but i think, i can help you by the scanner problem.
i had it also.

by the build 7057 is the twain 32 dll not installed in c/windows.
its a bug.

copy a twain. 32 dll in this folder (for example from build 7000) were the driver works correct.

hope i can help and you understand me.

greez mbuna from germany

that file exists in my windows folder already :cool:

hi,

sorry but at my place this dll was not exist. i copy it from another partition and than the scanner works.
i wrote this also in a german forum. another user with this problem so i can help.

greez mbuna

thnx anyway maybe it might cure someones scanner issue but running 7057beta win 7 It's still not working for me :(

unablle to load twain server

use mbuna1966 approach and copy twain_32.dll from build 7000 or 7022 into the windows 7 build 7048 or later.

worked like a charm for me . After hours of fiddling around finally my scanner lide 20 works!!

Mbuna1966 you are a genius!!

Thank you so much!!!

Regards,

maxpilot

OK with Build 7068 scanner Canon 4400F is working perfect with drivers from Canon

(I have 64bit 7068 with Vista 64bit drivers)

Build 7100 64bit version & Canon LIDE30

Well, having the same issues on build 7100/64 bit. Appears to (still) be a Canon driver problem. No issues with my HP 32 bit all in one scanner on the network, but for my LIDE30 - it's no go - but not for the lack of attempts.

Works fine in Win XP Pro 32 bit.

Back
Top Bottom