Windows 7 Cant access Adobe.com

Basher

Honorable Member
Hi Guys n Gals

I have an intresting issue that has developed since I reinstalled windows yesterday.

I cant access adobe.com :eek: I can get every other site I type in but adobe gives me the following:

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
  • Internet connectivity has been lost.
  • The website is temporarily unavailable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
Anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Basher

As I said I cant get on to any of the adobe sites even from google - my laptop however can so it must be something on my pc bu I am flumexed.
Internet connectivity has been lost. No - I am here arn't I :)
The website is temporarily unavailable. No - I can access it from laptop.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. No - see reason above
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain. No - see reason above
There might be a typing error in the address. No - Tried it in every imaginable spelling and can get it on Laptop
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section. Adobe.com is not HTTPS

Intrestingly adobe's installer ran and installed Flash 10.03

I might have to consider re-installing again :-S

Basher

I can't imagine that it would've changed itself but just make sure there's nothing to do with adobe.com in there. I'm fairly sure it's located at C/Windows/System32/drivers/etc on any Windows OS but that's definitely where it is on 7.

To rule out a dns issue, if you open a command prompt with admin rights and then type
ipconfig /flushdns and then see if you can connect to adobe. If not if you goto C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc there will be a file called HOSTS, if you open it in notepad and post it's contents here, we'll be able to see if it's the problem for you.

Also in a command prompt what do you get if you do a ping 192.150.16.117 (Adobes IP)

Last edited:
Found it - very weird that it let me access other sites though...

My Subnet mask was set at 255.0.0.0 changed it to 255.255.255.0 and hey presto.

Well these thinfs are sent to test us as they say - thanks chaps for your help and input. :)

Basher

Back