Windows 7 Can't change music file details even with ownership

goggs1959

Hi people

First I am a bit of a novice on a P.C so be gentle with me. I know the basics and I'm learning.

I can't seem to change some ( but not all) music file details even when I have the ownership. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have done all the usual stuff I can find on forums. Right clicked on Properties, gone into Sercurity, checked I have Full control. I have then gone into Advanced and changed the ownership to myself and still nothing, as we say in England, "not a sausage" !!! The only thing I think is strange is that there seems to be several enties in the Sercurity tab on properties, and for that matter in the Advanced bit, of users/groups with similar titles all connevted with me. For example 'steve (steve-PC\steve)', which is the one I usually use for ownership. Also 'Administrator (steve-PC\Administrators)', which has ownership of a few files. Last is 'Users (steve-PC\Users)'. The is also 'Auttenticated users', 'SYSTEM' and on one file I found 'WMPNetworkSvc'. All of these are usually listed on the Sercurity tab and usually in the Advanced section. I have managed to change some music files to my ownership and change the details but not all.
I have all my music on an external hard drive and on my C drive. Don't want to loose such a briliant collection now do I.

It's all a pain in the bottom.

Steve aka goggs1959

Hi Steve,

I'm no expert on this but I'm pretty sure your running into what's called DRM (Digital Rights Management) and is better explained in this link.

DRM

I could be wrong though so if you feel this isn't the case then please post back..

:)

Back