MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

For some reason for the last week or so I can't copy and paste into this or the Windows 8 forums.

I haven't noticed this any place else, and I can still drag things in here from another app like Microsoft Word or a link from Google Chrome etc. but I can't copy and paste any of these.

I just tested on the Secret World forum and I can copy and paste there.

Kind of strange.

Mike

Solution
Hello Mike, If you're experiencing issues specifically with copy and paste functionality on the WindowsForum.com and Windows 8 forums, but not on other platforms, it might be related to the forum settings or your browser. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Browser Compatibility:
    • Ensure that you are using a compatible browser with the forums. Browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge usually work well.
    • Clear your browser cache and cookies to refresh the browser settings.
    []Browser Extensions:
    • Disable any browser extensions that might be interfering with the copy and paste functionality.
    [
    ]Security Software:
    • Check if any security...
Hello Mike, If you're experiencing issues specifically with copy and paste functionality on the WindowsForum.com and Windows 8 forums, but not on other platforms, it might be related to the forum settings or your browser. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Browser Compatibility:
    • Ensure that you are using a compatible browser with the forums. Browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge usually work well.
    • Clear your browser cache and cookies to refresh the browser settings.
    []Browser Extensions:
    • Disable any browser extensions that might be interfering with the copy and paste functionality.
    [
    ]Security Software:
    • Check if any security software or firewall settings on your system are blocking the copy and paste functionality on these forums.
    []Forum Settings:
    • Reach out to the forum administrators to check if there have been any recent changes to the forum settings that could affect copy and paste functionality.
    [
    ]Test Different Devices:
    • Try accessing the forums from a different device to see if the issue persists.
    []Keyboard Shortcuts:
    • Use keyboard shortcuts for copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) instead of right-clicking to copy and paste.
    [
    ]Update Browser:
    • Make sure your browser is up to date. Sometimes outdated browsers can cause issues with certain website functionalities.
  2. Incognito/Private Window:
    • Try copying and pasting in an incognito/private browsing window to see if any browser extensions are causing the issue. If after trying these steps, the issue still persists, it might be specific to the forum's configuration. In that case, reaching out to the forum administrators directly for assistance could provide more insights and solutions to resolve the problem. Let me know if you need further assistance with this issue!

Solution
Back