Windows 7 Can't create playlist in Media Player 12

Bishoop

Windows 7 has been installed on this PC for about one month. Today is the first time I tried to use Media Player.

I cannot create a playlist. When I try I get the following error message:

"Windows Medial Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist"

I have tried turning OFF/ON Media Player in Control Panel.

I have run sfc /scannow with no problems found.

I tried system restore. No difference.

Looking for suggestions to fix this problem.

Thanks.

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried everything you listed as well as turning off WMP then deleting the library file and clearing all the caches. Still won't work. This is insanely frustrating as I have a Creative Labs mp3 player and WMP was the easiest program to use to create playlists in. This has been going on for several months now and I am furious.

Hi Joshua and Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Joshua I suggest you start by Googling WMP 12 patch. Download that and see if it helps. Please let us know.

I have the same problem have looked at the page you said to go to for help but it does not help at all. I know how to make a playlist but WMP will not let me make it, error each time. I am so fed up with it I think I will be trying another player that works until this problem is addressed properly.

Well, while we dont have the perfect solution, I have a alternative idea:
How to create a new Playlist?
1. Go to your playlist folders (eg. M:\My Music\My Playlists )
2. Make copy - past of any of the lists (eg. Hip-hop.m3u -> hip-hop - Copy.m3u
It automatically will be added to your media player list
3.(In media player) rename it (eg. hip-hop - Copy -> rap)
4.Double click on it , clear the musics (it get the musics of last Hip-hop list) and put the new sounds and save

Link Removed due to 404 Error

good luck

Back
Top Bottom