Cant delete file

There is a file on my computer i can not delete. I tried deleted it before, but now if i search for it, and when i delete it from the search menu it says i need to verify the files location. But when i go to the files location its not in there. I have tried many programs to delete it, but it never dose, any help would be great.

- dave

Yes, i have tried that program and it still does not work. Any other suggestions?

got me :confused:

its not a program, just a file

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Have you tried to remove the registry entry? It may go after you do that but be carefull!

L

Lords

I have exact same problem...file will not erase no matter what. Any new answers to this problem?

Thanks, Lords

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Do you know which program the file was in originally? What is the name of the file.
One way which I have tried in the past, both with Vista and XP, is to do an exact match search in the registry and delete all instances. But if the file has a name common to other programs, that could, of course, lead to a disaster.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.