Windows Vista Can't hide Windows Explorer menubar

Grife

Hi!

This is my only problem with Vista, as stated in the title. Menubar being that one with entries File, Edit, View, Tools and Help. I'm sure that problem is caused by some crapware that came with this machine, as some encryption/backup software kept that menu open. I have removed all the crapware but problem persists, strangely only with my own user account. There's also a small left-over when right-clicking on the menu bar.

I'm fairly sure I'm able to figure this out myself if someone would tell me where are the registry entries for the menubar. :)

Solution
It sounds like you're facing an issue with the menu bar in Vista and suspect it's related to some leftover settings or entries in the registry. To address this issue, you can try the following steps:
  1. Check for Third-Party Software Residue:
    • Ensure that all third-party software, especially any encryption/backup software that might have caused the issue, is completely uninstalled.
    []Reset Menu Bar Settings:
    • You can try resetting the menu bar settings to default to see if that resolves the issue.
    • To reset the menu bar settings in Vista, follow these steps:
      • Right-click on the taskbar and select "Properties."
      • Go to the "Start Menu" tab and click on "Customize."
      • In the Customize Start...
It sounds like you're facing an issue with the menu bar in Vista and suspect it's related to some leftover settings or entries in the registry. To address this issue, you can try the following steps:
  1. Check for Third-Party Software Residue:
    • Ensure that all third-party software, especially any encryption/backup software that might have caused the issue, is completely uninstalled.
    []Reset Menu Bar Settings:
    • You can try resetting the menu bar settings to default to see if that resolves the issue.
    • To reset the menu bar settings in Vista, follow these steps:
      • Right-click on the taskbar and select "Properties."
      • Go to the "Start Menu" tab and click on "Customize."
      • In the Customize Start Menu window, click on the "Use Default Settings" button.
    [
    ]Check Registry Entries for Menu Bar:
    • To locate the registry entries related to the menu bar, you may need to navigate to specific registry keys. Here is the location for the menu bar settings in the registry:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
      • Look for any keys or values related to the menu bar that might be causing the issue.
    []Backup Registry:
    • Before making any changes to the registry, it's highly recommended to back up your registry settings.
    • To back up the registry, follow these steps:
      • Press Windows + R, type regedit, and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
      • Click on File > Export, choose a location to save the backup, and give it a name.
    [
    ]Modify Registry Entries:
    • Once you have located the relevant registry entries, you can try modifying or deleting them to see if it resolves the issue with the menu bar.
  2. Reboot Your System:
    • After making any changes in the registry, it's important to restart your system to apply the changes and see if the issue is resolved. Remember to proceed with caution when making changes to the registry, as incorrect modifications can cause system instability. If you're unsure about modifying the registry entries yourself, it's advisable to seek assistance from a professional or someone experienced in working with the Windows registry. Hopefully, these steps will help you resolve the issue with the menu bar in your Vista system.

Solution
Back