Windows 10 Can't install Firefox browser

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
I go to the Mozilla site and download FF, but it doesn't install. At the end of the installation, I get a message: " your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible. " I've tried several times on different days, but still the same
Toshiba laptop L55-A5226, W10 Home, Anniv edition

Hi again,
Common oversight when installing new programs in Windows; did you remember to temporarily disable your primary AV program BEFORE attempting the FF install. FF like any app or program will have it's script code entries blocked into Windows registry by your AV program if it's built-in heuristics detect any kind of intrusion into Windows system files or the registry--which of course new programs must do in order to run properly.

Give that a try if you haven't done so already. If that doesn't work, Post back and we'll explore other options to fix it. I am pretty sure I've installed FF on W10 Home AU on my test machines here as well as several customer machines without issue.

Good luck!:encouragement:
Talk to you soon,
<<<BIGBEAREJEDI>>>>:wink:

Hi, Bear. I've never had to disable AV when installing any program.. Ever.

Thanks, Nemo. I'll try yours and Bear's suggestions.

OK, Nemo's suggestion worked. I opened that folder as instructed and deleted anything related to Firefox. The installation went without a hitch. :up:

Back