Windows 7 can't install .NET Framework 3.5

winddancer

Hi all,

I am desperatly trying to install MS' .NET Framework 3.5. I downloaded it from the MS site, but whenever I try to execute the .exe file, it gets unpacked and nothing happens. I unpacked the .exe file manually then and tried to open the setup tool manually. However still nothing happens. No error message, nothing!

Running Win7 64bit. Any hints?

Regards

Sven

I'm not so sure if this is a direct answer to your question but it's a very detailed article regarding Windows 7 and .net framework among other things... Hope it at least gives you a hint as to what may be wrong.. ;)

Link Removed - Invalid URL

unfortunately this didn't help. already did some searches, but couldn't find anything on this topic. :/

It should already be there. Go into programs and features in the Control Panel and click turn windows features on or off and check if its there. I had to manually turn this on.

Hi all,

I am desperatly trying to install MS' .NET Framework 3.5. I downloaded it from the MS site, but whenever I try to execute the .exe file, it gets unpacked and nothing happens. I unpacked the .exe file manually then and tried to open the setup tool manually. However still nothing happens. No error message, nothing!

Running Win7 64bit. Any hints?

Regards

Sven
AFAIK, you don't need to install it. Paint.NET needs 3.5 SP1 yet the installer didn't ask for it and it's running fine.

Yep you right-

-Checked on sight and Win7, has all down to 2.0
Found this after getting Net 1.1 to try to get Radion 9250 driver to load.Which I managed,but had system freeze,during System Performance Test,and on restart,got low resolution(800x600-16 bit).So disabled card and restarted,then enabled,ok up to now?

It should already be there. Go into programs and features in the Control Panel and click turn windows features on or off and check if its there. I had to manually turn this on.

Thanks Loathe This worked and saved me a lot of time ( I only spent one day seaching and did not download anything)

Q - Do I still need to download the sp 1 ????

Hello Friends !
I have a confuse with this windows 7 !

Which inbuilt software does windows 7 provide !
And what is a main feature of windows 7 rather than windows vista !!!

Thank You

Hi Friends !!

Thank You for response !
I am talking about inbuilt software !
That are used for our different purpose !
In Windows vista so many inbuilt software is available !
For example Office , Adobe Reader ,player etc ....

Like this ????

Thank You

found a solution

TRY THIS LINK 2 INSTALL .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 SP1 FOR WINDOWS 7
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back
Top Bottom