Windows 10 cant install windows 10

Andrew0312

While i was installing windows 10 my pc froze and i had to restart it but now it says that the pc restarted unexpectedly and i must press "ok" to restart the installation but when i press ok the same message comes up. What can i do to fix this.

Usually the best thing to do is go back and start again. Try returning to the os your upgrading from using the recovery options that may be available if your using a laptop.

I would but i cant get to my desktop
As soon as i restart my pc it tries to install windows but the message comes up again

Can you post what your actually using machine wise as well as the os you upgraded from. Also did you check Windows 10 is compatible with your system?

Hmm.. So if I'm correct you already had windows 10 installed but was installing again? I gather you've downloaded the windows 10 iso and have tried to do a clean install??
If that's the case then simply change the boot options to boot from the media windows 10 is on and start the install process again.

I actually started downloading it from the icon om the bottom right of my screen so i dont have the media player

I actually started downloading it from the icon om the bottom right of my screen so i dont have the media player
So again my questions are :
What operating system are you upgrading from?

What is the system specification of the machine your using? If it's a laptop please post the full model number.

Do you have an install disk of any kind for the os your upgrading from?

What happens when you restart the windows 10 installation?

Im upgrading from win 7
Cpu:core 2 quad
Gpu:nvidia gt 720
Ram:2gb
It is a desktop pc
I dont have a install disk
When i restart the installation the same message will come up which tells me to press ok to restart my pc and the installation

If the pc came with an activation key for windows 7 then you can download the windows 7 iso here:
Windows 7

Obviously you'll need a different machine to get the download but if you can't do the above then options are starting to get limited.

In any case you need to find some sort of way to access an install disk either windows 7 or windows 10. Do you know if your system is even compatible with windows 10? A core 2 quad has got to be quite old now so i would endeavour to check at the earliest opportunity.

Have you tried getting into safe mode? Press shift+F8 whilst booting and if your lucky you might get into safe mode.

Yes my pc is compatible and i tried going into safe mode but it didnt work and i cant afford a new machine

Do you have any friends who may help with either the download or an install disk as you only need it to access the repair/recovery options?

There might be someone but i cant access the repair/recovery options
I can omly access the bios when my pc starts up

What you'll need to do is ask your friend to download the Windows 10 iso, burn it to either disk or usb and boot off it. You'll need to change your Bios settings to boot from either the disk or usb and then instead of installing the os (this would be bad) click repair instead. This will get you access to the recovery tools and where you can go back to win 7.

Did you build this PC yourself, or is it an OEM (Dell, HP, Acer/Gateway, etc.)?

If you did build yourself, it would be helpful to know the Motherboard make/model. Your post is also confusing as you said you were originally running Win10, installed the upgrade, and got stuck. Then it turns out that Win7 as originally installed on that computer. If you can't get a hold of install Media as Kemical suggested, then you might need to take it to a repair shop and pay them to reset it to Win7 factory condition. They may have to order Recovery discs, but if it's a self-build, you'll have to probably purchase an actual Microsoft disc+license key in retail packaging from ebay or amazon. This will cost from $80-$140 or so. If you or the repair Tech can get the PC back to Win7, then you can reinstall the Win10 upgrade per the instructions Kemical gave you. You can also just buy the Microsoft boxed retail disc media which is available all over the Internet for $120, and attempt to go straight to Win10. It can be quite tricky to burn the ISO file onto media, and as I've posted several times, the DVD is the only install media option at this point, as the USB stick method does not appear to work at all.

If you have an OEM machine (Dell, HP, Acer/Gateway), this can be greatly simplified by using the factory Restore partition hidden on your hard drive. This can usually be accessed with a keyboard combo keystroke such as <Fn-key+F10> or <Fn-key+F12> when your PC is first booting. This will take you into the PC manufacturer's recovery menu (not Windows) where you can select factory Recovery or Reset options. This will reinstall the factory load of whatever OS was on your PC when you bought it; in your case Win7. From there, the instructions Kemical gave you will allow you to choose Win10 upgrade or Win10 Clean install from media (ISO file). This option may still work for you, especially given that you say you can still boot into BIOS on the machine. As long as your hard drive hasn't failed, there's a chance this will work for you.

Hopefully, along the line, you backed up any and all PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA from your original Win7 setup on that PC. If not, when performing the Factory Recovery or Reset option from the Hidden Partition will ERASE all information that you previously had on that hard drive (Documents, Photos, Music, Videos, Emails, etc.)!!!!

Let us know what you have and we'll advise you further if need be.
best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom