Windows 7 Can't personalise desktop.

4208Nef

I recently did a system restore on my laptop... HP 625. Windows 7.
Then I logged in as normal and I've somehow lost the Personalise option on the desktop drop down menu.
I can't even go into pictures and set a background.
Also, the Windows 7 theme has completely disappeared and it's changed to a windows classic theme?!

I had to do the system restore because it wouldn't log in, even though the password was correct.

It interrupts with the internet speed and looks plain freaking ugly.
How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Typically a system restore wouldn't have caused such a problem if you've only restored your system to an earlier point in time say within the last several days or so.
So I'll ask, do you really mean you did a system restore System Restore - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows or did you perhaps reinstall Windows 7 completely using only the Install Media rather than Recovery Disks or Partition.
In any case it sounds a bit like you have some less than optimal drivers currently installed preventing Windows 7 from realizing the full capabilities of your laptop. So .....
Go here Link Removed - Invalid URL pick you installed version of Windows 7 and see what they have in the way of drivers for you computer, paying special attention to Chipset and Video / Graphic drivers although sounds like possibly you should also acquire the drivers associated with your installed network components and the audio driver would probably be a good thing to get while you're there as well.
Regards
Randy

Back