Windows 7 Can't replace monitor driver

utzly

Hello all,

I just installed Win 7 64 bit on my new computer.
Like all I have some problems but I don't regret it :)

I have an Eizo S1910 monitor which Win 7 recognized (I see the name in the monitor data).
When I try to install a driver for that monitor the OS refuse and I get the massage:

Window has determined the driver software for your device is up to date

And it leaves the driver 'Generic PnP monitor'.

What can I do?

Are you having trouble with the monitor? Usually the only reason you need a different driver than the windows version is if your having sleep problems. Are you trying to let windows search the internet for the driver?

Hello all,

I just installed Win 7 64 bit on my new computer.
Like all I have some problems but I don't regret it :)

I have an Eizo S1910 monitor which Win 7 recognized (I see the name in the monitor data).
When I try to install a driver for that monitor the OS refuse and I get the massage:

Window has determined the driver software for your device is up to date

And it leaves the driver 'Generic PnP monitor'.

What can I do?

Normally monitors do not need drivers... They are whats called 'Plug'n'play. Do you mean graphics driver as that would give the same result as you posted.. If so, post your computer spec and we'll point you in the right direction..

Thanks TextureDnB and kemical,

Ny monitor functions OK. The problem started when I wanted to color calibrate it using a popular calibration tool: Eye One dispaly 2. The software didn't 'see' that I have a monitor at all and I thought that the reason might be the luck of an Eizo S1910 driver.
The graphics card - an nVidia 250 - was recongnized and its driver was installed without causing any problem.
Its the calibration tool - or color management of the monitor that worries me.

Any help?

It is seldom needed to calibrate the colour - particularly with windows 7. but, fwiw, Windows 7 has its own calibrator. If you right click the desktop and select "personalize", then down on the left select "display." The upper left, in the next window, you will see the item "calibrate colour" This will give you an accurate idea as to whether your monitor needs any adjustment.

Thanks RAK,

I used the tool you mentioned, looks like you are right - the monitor is more or less calibrated.
I am a photographer hobbyist and I need the monitor to be really calibrated for image processing purpose.
I guess my main concern should be the calibration tool I am trying to use - under win 7 it just can't see any monitor ):

Any idea?

Thanks TextureDnB and kemical,

Ny monitor functions OK. The problem started when I wanted to color calibrate it using a popular calibration tool: Eye One dispaly 2. The software didn't 'see' that I have a monitor at all and I thought that the reason might be the luck of an Eizo S1910 driver.
The graphics card - an nVidia 250 - was recongnized and its driver was installed without causing any problem.
Its the calibration tool - or color management of the monitor that worries me.

Any help?

You may find this handy: DisplayMate Monitor Projector and HDTV Set Up Calibration and Testing The main software you have to pay for but I think there's a free demo?

LCD name essential for hardware calibration

It is seldom needed to calibrate the colour - particularly with windows 7. but, fwiw, Windows 7 has its own calibrator. If you right click the desktop and select "personalize", then down on the left select "display." The upper left, in the next window, you will see the item "calibrate colour" This will give you an accurate idea as to whether your monitor needs any adjustment.

CG EIZO panels are calibrated with CN hardware calibration software and a measurement device (some are possible). The software needs to "know" the panel, P&P won't do. To have the model right is indeed essential.

Once a month a callibration is ok, nothing to do with the OS.

Karel

Back