Windows 10 Can't transfer files.

tem0rary4cc0unt

A long, long time ago I had files that I thought would be no use to me but a couple of years into the future (now), I have realized I need them. Badly.

The reason I no longer use the computer is because there are countless things wrong with it. I'm only going to name two as they're blocking me from getting my files.

For starters, I can't use a USB as it just triggers as "malfunctioned" or "undetected/not set up properly", there goes that idea.

I also have no internet and I can't connect to the internet/make a new internet connection for some reason.

Please respond as quick as possible, the files are needed quite urgently.
Thanks.

EDIT: Renamed thread.

What type and interface is the hard drive? You should be able to take it out and fit it to a caddy with a usb connection to connect it to another pc.

The fastest solution is to go to a pc shop where they can take out your hard drive and connect it to another computer in order to get your files.
In regards to the other problems:
what is your computer hardware (motherboard, cpu) and Windows version, maybe we can help you fix the other problems too.

Hi

An option may be to create a Ubuntu disk on another PC and boot your computer from that.
I've done this a number of times on computers that wouldn't boot to Windows.

That gave me the opertunity to move the data to DVDs or an external hard drive.

It only takes a few minutes to make the disk, and it will boot almost anything, at boot just skip the install option and boot from the disk.

If it works it would confirm that the hardware on your computer is working, and reinstalling Windows may get everything working again.

Another option is to buy a universal HD connector and romove your hard drive and plug it into another PC and backup your files.

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

You can get an adapter from Amazon for as little as $20.

Or...

www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=hard+drive+to+usb+adapter&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

If you go to Best Buy you could take the drive with you, and make sure you get the correct addapter, I have a universal addapter that fits anything, you can get one of those for a few bucks more than one designed for a specific style of hard drive.

Mike

Last edited:
Back