Windows 7 Can't update graphics driver

kemperhills

I have an HP Compaq dc7200 slim tower desktop running Windows 7. The computer was made with Windows XP. When I bought the computer it had already been upgraded to W7.

As I am trying to learn computer repair, I bought the computer from TigerDirect several years ago for $100. I use it in my office, but also to play with while I am learning. If I fry the computer it didn't cost much.

Here's my problem. A few months ago the computer started having problems opening sites with a lot of graphics. Some sites lock it up. I ran Intel driver update utility and found that the graphics driver that is installed is 8.15.10.1930. The utility said that a driver, 15.12.75.4.1930 was the latest driver. I used the utility to try to install the new driver and it has failed to install after a few tries.

So how do I get the graphics driver updated. The computer worked fine until recently and I wonder if the graphics driver is so old that it won't work well with some sites. I can work offline and the computer works fine. Only when I try to browse. Thanks

Since your computer is an OEM retail from HP, there are only certain GPU driver for that mobo. After look at your driver/support page, there are no drivers for windows 7, only XP and Vista. See here;......

However, you may be able to install an add on GPU if your PC has an opne PCIe x 16 slot and the PSU is adequate (enough wattage).

Just wanted to tell how I fixed the problem. When I used CPU-Z it said that the graphics was Intel 82852/82855. I had tried to located drives to update , but couldn't. Intel graphics didn't even show this as installed on this computer. Then I Belarc Advisor and it shows the graphics a 82945. So I went back to the Intel page under it graphics and found the new driver for this. I downloaded it from Intel and it loaded. Thanks for your help.

Good job! I love Belarc Advisor just for that reason.