Windows 7 Can't update graphics driver

kemperhills

I have an HP Compaq dc7200 slim tower desktop running Windows 7. The computer was made with Windows XP. When I bought the computer it had already been upgraded to W7.

As I am trying to learn computer repair, I bought the computer from TigerDirect several years ago for $100. I use it in my office, but also to play with while I am learning. If I fry the computer it didn't cost much.

Here's my problem. A few months ago the computer started having problems opening sites with a lot of graphics. Some sites lock it up. I ran Intel driver update utility and found that the graphics driver that is installed is 8.15.10.1930. The utility said that a driver, 15.12.75.4.1930 was the latest driver. I used the utility to try to install the new driver and it has failed to install after a few tries.

So how do I get the graphics driver updated. The computer worked fine until recently and I wonder if the graphics driver is so old that it won't work well with some sites. I can work offline and the computer works fine. Only when I try to browse. Thanks

Since your computer is an OEM retail from HP, there are only certain GPU driver for that mobo. After look at your driver/support page, there are no drivers for windows 7, only XP and Vista. See here;......

However, you may be able to install an add on GPU if your PC has an opne PCIe x 16 slot and the PSU is adequate (enough wattage).

Since your computer is an OEM retail from HP, there are only certain GPU driver for that mobo. After look at your driver/support page, there are no drivers for windows 7, only XP and Vista. See here;......

However, you may be able to install an add on GPU if your PC has an opne PCIe x 16 slot and the PSU is adequate (enough wattage).

Just wanted to tell how I fixed the problem. When I used CPU-Z it said that the graphics was Intel 82852/82855. I had tried to located drives to update , but couldn't. Intel graphics didn't even show this as installed on this computer. Then I Belarc Advisor and it shows the graphics a 82945. So I went back to the Intel page under it graphics and found the new driver for this. I downloaded it from Intel and it loaded. Thanks for your help.

Back