Windows 7 can't upgrade drivers.

debitel

Hi all,

I have a huge problem. I am trying to upgrade driver and computer finds it, downloads it and on instalment I get this error. Can you help me please, what to do? P.S.: it is wm mobile based device, so no options to upload other driver than windows.

Image-0024.jpg

Update your system. As suggested, visit your mobile device manufacturer's support site, download the driver and try to install it manually. If another error pops up, contact your manufacturer.

Update gives me this error. Mobile device runs windows mobile Os, so windows is manufacturer. I can't find drivers there to manual download.

I am in contact with MS support, but no reply from them so far.

1. I mean to update your system via Microsoft Windows Update
2. Go to your mobile device manufacturer's site support/downloads section, and download the driver for your device
3. Install the driver manually, by clicking on the downloaded driver installation file
4. If you get the same error, or if no driver is available for your device, contact the manufacturer of the device.

I will try you sugestions, but:

I have 3 laptops, on 2 of them instalation works fine.

Device manufacturer site does not offer drivers, because device runs wm OS, so I would need driver from microsoft. It is the windows mobile device driver. For all these devices.

what device are we talking about here? I have a samsung omnia and i managed to sync with my pc without any problem. both by cable and bleutooth.
Update the windows mobile device center and it should work.

Device manufacturer site does not offer drivers, because device runs wm OS, so I would need driver from microsoft. It is the windows mobile device driver. For all these devices.

Thank you for clarification, I see now you have to rely on a microsoft standard driver. While you are waiting for their response, a slim chance but you can try force windows to use the standard device drivers:

(Choose not to check the internet for drivers)

1. In Device Manager, right-click your mobile device, and then click "Uninstall" to remove the device.

2. Restart your computer. After you log on, you receive a "New Hardware Found" dialog box with the device listed as the description and the "Found New Hardware Wizard" starts

3. Click "Next" to start the wizard

4. Click "search for suitable driver", and then click "Next"

5. Click to clear all of the search option check boxes, and then click "Next"

e.g.:
How to force Windows to use a standard VGA compatible driver

The OP was debitel

The last post was by a first tme poster...........kimitza

You are right, I see this. My "Now I see ..." is a little inconsistent therefore, but I did reply this for both kimitza and debitel:

Thank you for clarification, I see now you have to rely on a microsoft standard driver. While you are waiting for their response, a slim chance but you can try force windows to use the standard device drivers:

1. In Device Manager, right-click your mobile device, and then click "Uninstall" to remove the device.

2. Restart your computer. After you log on, you receive a "New Hardware Found" dialog box with the device listed as the description and the "Found New Hardware Wizard" starts

3. Click "Next" to start the wizard

4. Click "search for suitable driver", and then click "Next"

5. Click to clear all of the search option check boxes, and then click "Next"

e.g.:
[/quote]

I think there is a small chance it may work (as it has worked for my external fax modem).

Hey don't worry about it, I've done it myself by not reading over the original post correctly and other situations as well.

Not to worry, Ok, thanks. But I did carefully read their both reports, including this one (why would I have quoted it anyway ?):

That I read "Device manufacturer site does not offer drivers" I put my reply:

1. In Device Manager, right-click your mobile device, and then click \\\\"Uninstall\\\\" to remove the device.

2. Restart your computer. After you log on, you receive a \\\\"New Hardware Found\\\\" dialog box with the device listed as the description and the \\\\"Found New Hardware Wizard\\\\" starts

3. Click \\\\"Next\\\\" to start the wizard

4. Click \\\\"search for suitable driver\\\\", and then click \\\\"Next\\\\"

5. Click to clear all of the search option check boxes, and then click \\\\"Next\\\\"

e.g.:
So I thought they both could not get drivers at their manufacturers' sites, this is why I said "Now I see you have to..."

That's it. :) (Just mean to clarify - sorry just in case).

This is what I don't understand:
P.S.: it is wm mobile based device

Could you elaborate on that please

And his screen shot said the service was not installed.

You don't need a service for a graphics card driver

This is what I don't understand:

Could you elaborate on that please

And his screen shot said the service was not installed.

You don't need a service for a graphics card driver

The link below is applicable to other devices as well, not only to graphics card. But it is not the only nor the best route to install drivers, only if no other option is available, it may help:

Back