Windows 7 Cant upgrade to windows 7 on my sony vaio laptop vgn-fz348e

gumbee555

i've trying to upgrade my laptop to windows 7 with no success, currently i'm running vista, i tried the 32 and 64 bit versionbut its still the same, error i'm getting is "i need to have at least service pack 1 on my system, i updates all the stuff that needs to be updated, i chat to one of the sony tech support and he said that this model of laptop does not support any other os besides what it came with..is that true? thanks

You don't need to do an upgrade.

You can do a "clean" install.

Download Gparted to delete all your partitions (after saving all your important stuff to a flash drive) Now create a partition about 70GB in size. Save changes,exit out, put the Windows 7 disk in the DVD-ROM and restart. It will install to that first partition.

Now, when your Windows is up and running go to Start > Run, and type dskmgmt.msc and format the unallocated space.

You could make two partitions if you prefer.

Letters will be assigned and they will now show up in Windows Explorer.

Download GParted here:
GParted -- Download

You'll need to burn this ISO to a DVD.

i did clean install, but some of the devices was not recognize (graphics card, cant play bluray movies), i download the video driver but it doesn't work..thanks

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and tell us which entries have a yellow flag beside them.

Could you please fill out your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left side of the page.

Choose Edit your Details.

That will give us something to work with.

Back
Top Bottom