Windows 7 Catalyst 9.5 tomorrow

WOW ... I have PowerColor HD4670 1 G PCS ... I think this would go smoothly with win7 ... downloading it from techPowerUp ... :)

I don't usually follow theirs either.. I'm an ATI guy, always have been, always will be.. But I'm fixing a rig for a friend and he has an Nvidia card and was wondering when the new driver was coming out.. ;) That's why I ask..

I was looking arround for some release notes for 9.5, and Ati has yet to officially post them on the driver update page. I did however find this.
They seem to have been delayed untill Moday, but you wont have to redownload them if you already have them.

I was looking arround for some release notes for 9.5, and Ati has yet to officially post them on the driver update page. I did however find this.
They seem to have been delayed untill Moday, but you wont have to redownload them if you already have them.

Good find! Thanks loathe.. :)

nVidia Win7 drivers!

NVidia 185.85 are for Windows 7! I installed them last week and they work fine. Unlike ATI nVidia is on the ball and came out with the drivers already. If you can't find them do a Google search. :razz::razz::razz:

They came out last week for Windows 7, version 185.85! They work fine. If you can't find them do a Google search. nVidia did a great job getting these out so early.

Last edited:
NVidia 185.85 are for Windows 7! I installed them last week and they work fine. Unlike ATI nVidia is on the ball and came out with the drivers already. If you can't find them do a Google search.

I am also using the 185.85 drivers on my one rig that has an Nvidia gpu in it and they are working flawlessly in the RC.. :)

ATI also has Windows 7 drivers out.. They've actually had Windows 7 drivers out since the Alpha build 6801..(mind you they were "Beta/Preview" drivers, but still they were Win 7 drivers none the less) ;) They too have been working flawlessly for me.. :)

I finally got myself a new ATI card and just updated to the most recent Catalyst package. My computer is now complete for a few more years.

Good stuff.. a new graphics card is always an exciting purchase.. ;) What did you get if you don't mind me asking...?

I finally got myself a new ATI card and just updated to the most recent Catalyst package. My computer is now complete for a few more years.

Wish i could say the same.... lol

Im still cranking away with a AGP video card!

So the 9.5 drivers are now offical and ready for download here. The drivers I post earlier should be exactly the same and will not need to download them again.

Release notes
:

Performance improvements:
  • Unigine Tropics DX9 – performance gains of up to 11% for single GPU and ATI CrossFireX configurations with anti-aliasing enabled.
  • Company of Heroes – performance gains of up to 10% for both single GPU and ATI CrossFireX configurations.
  • BattleForge – performance gains of up to 10% for ATI CrossFireX configurations.
New Features:
  • AMD has delivered a single unified graphics driver that has received WHQL certification for both Windows 7 and Windows Vista
  • ATI Catalyst 9.5 – Unified Microsoft WHQL certified graphics driver for Windows 7 and Vista .Meeting Microsoft’s WHQL certification requirements in the ATI Catalyst 9.5 driver for Windows 7 clearly demonstrates AMD’s focus and determination to deliver an extremely stable and robust Windows 7 experience on AMD’s ATI Radeon Graphics accelerators
  • ATI Catalyst 9.5 – Unified Microsoft WHQL certified graphics driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Delivers full WDDM 1.1 WHQL certified support under Windows 7 on the ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series of products
ATI Stream:
  • ATI Video encoder update
  • ATI Catalyst 9.5 resolves a number of issues previously seen in the ATI Video Converter and is supported under Windows Vista 32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit
  • Using ATI Stream technology, owners of ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series and ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series of graphics cards an take advantage of this video conversion tool (found in ATI Catalyst Control Center Basic View) to achieve substantial performance improvements when transcoding video files

Radeon HD 4870 x2

Need a little help in getting this ATI card to run on my system.
At first install it worked then it stopped, have not been able get 9,5 or any other drivers to work.
Using Windows7 & Vista - Radeon HD4870x2 - 1000watt power supply - 4g mem

Back
Top Bottom