Windows 7 CD-R Burned in XP won't read in Windows 7

njnauticalnut

I have a Toshiba Satellite A505 with Windows 7

I burned a CD-R on another computer that is using Windows XP. When I put the disc in the drive on my Toshiba running Windows 7, it recognizes the disc, but it shows 0 files. When I click on properties, I can see that some of the disc space is used. When I click on check for errors under property, tools, I get a message saying that it cannot access the disc. If I go into XP mode, I can read the drive and see the files. Is there a way to get Windows 7 to see the files on the CD?

I have a Toshiba Satellite A505 with Windows 7

I burned a CD-R on another computer that is using Windows XP. When I put the disc in the drive on my Toshiba running Windows 7, it recognizes the disc, but it shows 0 files. When I click on properties, I can see that some of the disc space is used. When I click on check for errors under property, tools, I get a message saying that it cannot access the disc. If I go into XP mode, I can read the drive and see the files. Is there a way to get Windows 7 to see the files on the CD?

If you have tried it more than once I doubt it. Its the drive differences that arent reading correctly. Suspect the drive on the xp machine is more warn and the one on the win 7 machine cant read it. Try moving the file over the network
\

Ken J

Thanks for your response Ken. Actually, it is more than 1 file and more than 1 CD as I have many CDS that I have burned with the other computer tunning Windows XP.

I don't believe it is the physical cd/dvd drive on the Toshiba because on the Toshiba, if I go into XP Mode, I can see the files. This seems like a Windows 7 operating system issue.

Thanks for your response Ken. Actually, it is more than 1 file and more than 1 CD as I have many CDS that I have burned with the other computer tunning Windows XP.

I don't believe it is the physical cd/dvd drive on the Toshiba because on the Toshiba, if I go into XP Mode, I can see the files. This seems like a Windows 7 operating system issue.

Just curious if not hardware (and it seems like you are right) what app did you use to burn them, and in what format?

I have seen this but not with a virtual machine, so it may be a VM problem, hum. Let me check technet.

Ken J

Just curious if not hardware (and it seems like you are right) what app did you use to burn them, and in what format?

I have seen this but not with a virtual machine, so it may be a VM problem, hum. Let me check technet.

Ken J

I dragged and dropped so just Windows XP. Thanks for checking into this further.

Back
Top Bottom