Windows 7 CD will not boot for install

Eaglewing

I have used this disk on another Pc to install windows 7, when i try to install windows 7 on my pc nothing happens. i can not get a boot screen or an install screen. what in the world could be going on
I have a MSI mother board Celloron 2400
2gig of ram
GForce 6200 256mb video
what could be going on

Yes, please be sure that your boot priorities are in order.

However, I changed my boot priorities and that still didn't work. I had to change the order in which my drives were initialized. (Not sure what that actually means, some option I found in my BIOS)

Yes, please be sure that your boot priorities are in order.

However, I changed my boot priorities and that still didn't work. I had to change the order in which my drives were initialized. (Not sure what that actually means, some option I found in my BIOS)
most "older" BIOS tend to boot to IDE first then SCSI second so boot order can matter

If your still getting problems rex need more info :)

most "older" BIOS tend to boot to IDE first then SCSI second so boot order can matter

If your still getting problems rex need more info :)

I'm not having issues, I was responding to the original poster. Sorry for the confusion, hehe.

It could be your DVD,as I recently bought 25 pack of Samsung-Pleomax ,DVD-R,only to find none of them can be read by my drive an Nec 3,450A.
Previously only got a rogue one's.
To confirm this try- Nero CD-DVD Speed website .

I havent seen this fix yet. There are cd drivers inder the root drive when you select browse. The last folder has all the drivers needed, takes a few minutesto load them. Windows just fails to pre load them..

Back